Spanish teacher in Sosua

MaxLo

Jul 6, 2009
Need a recommendation for a Spanish teacher in Sosua (or the area), someone who can teach Castilian Spanish, who is reliable, and not excessively chatty... I've tried with a few teachers in the area, and I felt like we spent half the time just talking (and not in a productive way...), or me waiting for them since they were late.

I want someone who can teach me in an organized and concise way, tailored to my current level of language, who knows how to teach, not just hand over a book. Anyone have a referral? Thanks.

Sueno

Oct 3, 2010
Have you tried Enrique Gavilan who has classes at Hotel Colibri? 829-906-7228. He can teach to verb tenses you never knew existed. He will teach you Castillian , but tell you about the dominican style if you wish. He is classically educated outside of the DR. Give him a call and tell him Eduardo referred you.

Ian Harvey

Dec 27, 2011
I had great luck with Carlos Alvarez. He showed up on time every day, proved to be a super teacher, was flexible, and also what I really appreciated was his character. He's a friend now! Carlos can be found on facebook at private spanish lessons in dom. rep. or can be reached at carlos.alvrz@hotmail.com or 809 697 2463. I am going to continue studying with him on Skype!

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
Enrique (above) is my teacher. I highly recommend him. He is an intelligent excellent teacher and a good person.

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
I usually go to him. But he is flexible.
I sought a good teacher for quite awhile and encountered many idiots (who right away try to sell you a package and then sell you a book and don't know how to teach.)
Enrique's fees are reasonable.