Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wanted: English Speaking IT, Telephone & Admin Staff, Santo Domingo

I am a director of a British company called eW2W. We are a company which uses technology to help unemployed people get jobs in the UK. The UK has millions of people who are unemployed and the British government contracts with a number of private companies to find them jobs. Our software is used by these private companies, which are mainly huge multinational organisations.

Over the next few months, we are looking to set up an admin and support operation in Santo Domingo, and we're now beginning to look for staff who want to work with us. Before we start looking to fill specific roles, at this stage, I'd like to hear from anyone who thinks they meet our requirements and would be interested in joining us.

We're looking for three types of staff:

Admin and Accounting staff. We're looking for experienced admin and accounts staff to undertake a range of back-office admin tasks. You must be very computer literate, have at least 3 years' commercial experience in admin or accounting roles, and be extremely accurate.

IT Professionals. We're looking for staff who have support, testing and software development experience. Our software is all web-based and mainly written in PHP using SQL databases. Most of our development takes place in India, so these roles will be to support end users, work on specifications to modify existing programs, and test software to ensure it is working correctly.

Telephone professionals. These roles will involve contacting customers and employers in the UK, working on loosely-scripted calls. Excellent spoken English is absolutely essential, with an accent which can be easily understood by British people.

For all roles, you MUST be 100% fluent in English. All jobs will involve extensive contact over the phone with British people. Our accent is very different to the American accent that you're probably used to, and it's essential that you can understand our customers, and that they can understand you. You'll also need a very high standard of written English.

As an IT company, we will also only employ people who are really computer literate and competent keyboard users.

We work Monday to Friday only, so no weekends. Some jobs will start early in the morning and finish early afternoon to fit with UK time, others will be a normal 9-5 working day.

All of our jobs will be quite varied and interesting, far from the boring tedious call centre jobs that a lot of English-speakers seem to end up doing here. We believe passionately in our staff and try to make work fun. The last company I ran won two national awards in the UK for the way that we cared for our staff. Our offices will probably be based in Zona Colonial, not in Churchill area.

If you're interested in working with us, please email [email protected] attaching a current CV. For confidentiality, it's better to email than to post here. Please ensure that you include details of:

- What kind of work you are looking to do with us;

- Your current employment status - whether you are working or studying at the moment;

- Your current salary, or the salary you are looking to earn on a full-time basis;

- Your nationality and residency status in Dominican Republic.

Feel free to ask any questions in your email, and I'll do my best to answer them.
    Last edited by JonathanBaldrey; 01-14-2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: adding

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBaldrey View Post
    - Your nationality and residency status in Dominican Republic.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to know now if you will require residency or not. I am currently employed with my Canadian passport.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Because of the type of work we do, we have to be 100% upstanding and legal. So we can only employ people who (according to Dominincan law) are legally able to be employed and work here in Dominican Republic. I'm hoping that everyone who applies will be aware of whether they can work here legally or not - I guess this varies according to your own immigration status. If you're in the process of applying for your residency, we will still consider you. We also need people who are settled here, not people who are intending to stay for just a few months. Hope that helps.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    Please, I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but, If you're trying to help people get jobs in the UK, why wouldn't you set up shop there, and give jobs to the unemployed folks there???
    Why the US sent millions or job positions oversea??

JJ

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We do have offices in the UK and we do employ people there as well. The simple reason that I want an operation here is because I live here most of the time so it makes sense to employ people to work for me locally. Dominican Republic is very welcoming towards companies setting up technology businesses and hopefully we create some jobs which people value here.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jonathan!
    I just wanted to follow up on your post. Are you still considering opening your company down here? I have emailed you about it but I have not received a reply. I was wondering if you will consider telecommute for people living in other places within the DR? Thanks.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Not Immediate Vacancies

Hi, thanks to everyone who has sent me their details so far. I do apologise if I haven't responded as quickly as you'd like, but please rest assured that I am taking every CV I receive seriously, I am spending time reading them, and am replying to everyone individually.

I'd just like to reiterate some words of my original post, "Over the next few months we will be setting up an office". This isn't going to be an immediate thing, so please don't have an expectation of being offered a job by us tomorrow. I think we all know that things often take quite a lot of time to happen in DR!

Having said which, so far I've made contact with some very interesting people as a result of my post, and we have a handful of interviews scheduled, as well as some people earmarked as being likely recruits. Being able to get a firmer idea of the pool of talent is also really helping us shape our plans for the new operation. So, if you are interested in joining us in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you considering people with experience and great refrences looking to move to DR and obtain legal working status?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

i have some questions which you do us favor to answer

As you said ,your company registered in UK , is that right ?
    can i ask when it registered in UK ?

No governments sign contract with companies to create jobs for unemployees , because this is highly decision which congress do in every country ,but if so ,please let us know the news or your company VAT no.

the web page of your company shows ,that's newly published and very unprofessionally designed ,is this website now serving unemployees and offers jobs to them ?

If you reply to my simple questions , i can offer you very good opportunity for raising money here .

Regards,

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ADMIN View Post
    Fake Offers may cause your account to be blocked
    What exactly is going on here? This site gets like an infants playground at times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast