Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Health Insurance

I know everyone has a lot of knowledge which they share. I plan on retiring in about a year and spending at least six months a year in the DR. I am interested in purchasing some health insurance. Could you please share some information on this topic.
    Thanks

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Many, many threads on this topic. Use the search function, it's your friend.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Update

I have Senasa. Have used them with good results, however, their individual plan is being phased out. This summer when my policy is up, I will choose then change to one of the following (1 being top choice) based on recommendations from doctors etc;

1. ARS Palic
    2. ARS Humano
    3. ARS Universal
    4. ARS SDS

These are recommendations based on my individual needs, your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by socuban; 01-15-2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: grammar

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I use since many years with very satisfying results ARS Humano, the Platinum Plan, costs around $100.- per Month per Person, accepted everywhere.

Mike
    Mike

www.MikeFisherPuntaCana.com
    [email protected]
    Punta Cana/Cap Cana/Dominican Republic
    Mike Fisher Facebook Group on

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BostonMary View Post
    I plan on retiring in about a year and spending at least six months a year in the DR.
    Great thought, I wish!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

the best ones out there are probably humano and universal but a good plan will cost you about 100 dollars a month. not sure how old are you but "retired" sounds like an old fart so make sure the insurance will accept a person of your age. also, they will not cover pre-existing conditions.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BostonMary View Post
    I know everyone has a lot of knowledge which they share. I plan on retiring in about a year and spending at least six months a year in the DR. I am interested in purchasing some health insurance. Could you please share some information on this topic.
    Thanks
    you must be 64 or under to purchase the ONE policy here in the DR which will cover you all your life.. which is Seguro Universal

all the other policies will cover you ONLY til you are 70 and then May or MAY NOT renew

the cost varies... but there is a cap on the amount that they will pay out.. either say.. 360,000 pesos a year or 3 million pesos for a lifetime..

do try the search (although it often does not work for me)

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    the best ones out there are probably humano and universal but a good plan will cost you about 100 dollars a month. not sure how old are you but "retired" sounds like an old fart so make sure the insurance will accept a person of your age. also, they will not cover pre-existing conditions.
    Hey DV,
    Old Fart,
    he he
    but of course Right.
    acceptance etc depend on Age, prior Health Conditions etc.
    in my own case,
    I am 46 Years Young,
    in the best shape EVER!!! of course, no comments DV, Hoyste?
    the so named Platinum Plan I have with ARS Humano since many long years is the Top Plan available for Me at that Insurer, sots around $100.- per Month, I pay and additional $3.50.- per month for the Inclusion of the Flight Ambulance.
    most of my Skippers and Mates run on the ARS Humano so named "Royal Plan", a more basic Plan, that costs me Per person including the Taxes $1.067.- Pesos/around 26.-US$ per Month.
    the Plans I run with my Boys and Family Members are so named "Private Plans", there are different Variations if a Person is a Employeee in a Company and they have Family Plans with inclusins for Spouses and Childrens etc also.

in all the Years with actually 15 or 16 people on My Insurance Bill We had never any mentionable Issue nor Inconvenience, Hence why I recommend their Services.

I could not even tell if the Service is the same satisfying all around the Isle or of such differs from Area to Area, I don't know.
    We are all insured and Handled by their office in Bavaro/Punta Cana, even that we used medical Services and Pharmacy Inclusions all around the Isle, some of My Included Family Members live up in Santiago and use the medical Services up there of course.

and anyways,
    the Best/Perfect Medic Insurance to get is the One
    We Pay for Our whole long Life
    without never using it.

stay healthy

Mike
    Mike

www.MikeFisherPuntaCana.com
    [email protected]
    Punta Cana/Cap Cana/Dominican Republic
    Mike Fisher Facebook Group on

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.arsconstitucion.com.do/Plan_basico.aspx

this is the one I use, no translation but quite easy to see what they offer

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFisher View Post
    I pay and additional $3.50.- per month for the Inclusion of the Flight Ambulance.

(If they keep buzzing my nest, they may lose a bird or two)

and anyways,
    the Best/Perfect Medic Insurance to get is the One
    We Pay for Our whole long Life
    without never using it.

(ain't that the truth)

Mike
    Good luck shopping!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast