Don't miss!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I am not sure if you all know but Laurajane, DR1 poster, and her husband run a circus here, employing usually poor, uneducated Dominicans, and training them to be circus performers. It is an amazing show and some of her boys are performing on Channel 9, Colorvision on a show called Aqui se habla espa?ol tomorrow. The show starts at 12 or 1 and the circus performers will be on around 2.

Well worth watching I should think, if it is anything like the full show, and great to see what some of these kids can do when someone gives them the opportunity.

matilda

Reactions: laurajane

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Thanks for the mention Matilda, Yes i am looking forward to seeing them myself tomorrow. They will be in the studio live and performing our Acrobalance act which is my personal favorite.

Sometimes working with these young Dominicans can be a challenge and quite stressful, but i have been known to shed the odd tear every now and again when i watch our show as regardless of everything they do us proud and like the Boys that will be on "Aqui se habla Espa?ol" tomorrow alot of what they have learned has been in their spare time watching Cirque du soleil videos and learning new positions.

I really would love it for my fellow DR1ers to watch tomorrow and see what these boys have learned and how special they are to me.

Thanks

Reactions: pedrochemical

CdnCristi

Jan 15, 2011
Is there a link to watch the show online? I'd love to see it! Or a website with more information?
Thank you!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
I am going to ask the lady from "Aqui se habla Espa?ol" for a copy of it and i will upload for you to see.

I am still waiting for a copy of the ET Canada show we did in November WITH Corbin Tomaseski and Kim Deon, It is on the ET Canada website but we are unable to view it here in the DR.

I really hope it goes well today, I think the boys are a bit nervous.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
One of the boys just called and said that they will be on at 3pm not 2pm, I am going to flick the tv on just before 2pm just incase as i am sure they will aire it when they feel like it ha ha.

Thanks for the support!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Well they have just been on two hours later than scheduled and their individual acts went well, but goodness me it seems i need need to train them on their communication skills rather than their circus ones!

I will put it down to nerves that they forgot who they worked for, who trained them and what the telephone number was ha ha ha!!

lesmarciaj

Dec 15, 2010
USA Wants 2 C it as well!

I am going to ask the lady from "Aqui se habla Espa?ol" for a copy of it and i will upload for you to see.

I am still waiting for a copy of the ET Canada show we did in November WITH Corbin Tomaseski and Kim Deon, It is on the ET Canada website but we are unable to view it here in the DR.

I really hope it goes well today, I think the boys are a bit nervous.

How can I view this show as well? I'm not in Canada, but the US and would like to see it as well! I also sent you a PM. Would you please get back to me?
Thanks in advance!
Salude
Les