Best price flights from chicago to Punta Cana

dortrust

Jan 23, 2010
Really serious about finding best price on flights. Thinking of buying in Punta Cana but concerned if family will be able to afford to visit. Any suggestions? Experienced people have good advice.

claufket

Jan 4, 2009
Usa 3000

I always check with USA3000.com. We fly out of St. Louis and the most we have paid is $500 roundtrip. In the off season we can usually get $99 each way ($325 with taxes). They have the $99 special more often flying out of Chicago. It is a 4 hour direct flight from St. Louis. The only problem is they sometimes only fly once a week but we can usually make it work.

dortrust

Jan 23, 2010
Thanks I also have found USA 3000 to be the best. I LOVE NON STOPS. I think I will check miami to punta cana then we could fly any airline to Miami. THANKS AGAIN DO YOU HAVE A VACATION HOME IN DR?

claufket

Jan 4, 2009
We also love non stops especially this time of year because we don't have to worry about delayed or cancelled flights from bad weather somewhere else. I have checked a few times with flights from Miami but I have not found it to be cheaper than USA3000. I am hoping with AirTran starting service next month that they will be competitive with pricing since they were bought out by Southwest Airlines. We have a condo in Beach Residency that we bought two years ago. We absolutely love it!

dortrust

Jan 23, 2010
I checked out of Miami and you are right. Great minds think alike. I am excited about Southwest buying AirTran. Southwest has never gone out of the country and I hope they do now. I am not familiar with Beach Residency do you mind explaining? Where are you from? How often or long do you stay at your condo?

claufket

Jan 4, 2009
I heard that Southwest was going to start international flights so I assumed that was their plan when they bought AirTran. We have a miles credit card with Southwest and they just changed the program so you can use it on international flights so I think they are going to build on that. Beach Residency is on the road in between Playa Turquesa and Barcelo near El Dorado. We looked all over when we were buying and we loved everything about Beach Residency. It is only 18 units but we did not want something real big. It is as close as you can get to the beach and that was our biggest priority and the construction was a lot better than most that we looked at. We live in St. Louis. When we first bought we were there every other month for a week but for the past year we have Todd and Maria Williams (property manager and real estate agent) managing our unit and they have done such an awesome job that it is usually booked so we cannot get there as often as we would like. We are learning to block our time in advance because just when it looks like we have availability it ends up being rented. The last time we were there was September for a week and we will go again in 10 days for a week. We are also planning on buying one way tickets in June and staying for at least a month or until we need to come back home.

dortrust

Jan 23, 2010
Thanks for the informations. I have bookmarked Beach Residents and if we get to the DR to look at property we will check it out. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!