Sanchez to Las Terrenas

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
One of the guaguas from Sanchez goes to Samana and then you can get another guagua from Samana to LG. I don't think there is a guagua directo from Sanchez to LG.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Stay on the bus to Samana, don't get off in Sanchez. Makes no sense to take a guagua from Sanchez to Samana.

Plenty of guaguas from Samana to Las Galeras.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Bus from Sanchez to Las Terrenas

There is a bus that originates in Santo Domingo and stops in Sanchez on its way to Las Terrenas. This is a daily route. You would have to get a hold of this bus company to find out the approximate time that they stop in Sanchez and exactly where it is they make pick ups:

Transporte Las Terrenas
809-687-1470 SD
809-240-5302 LT
809-854-8230 Driver's cell

They leave from Santo Domingo everyday at 2:00 PM. It is pretty much a non stop so they would probably be in Sanchez somewhere between 5-6PM.

S

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I haven't been to Samana/Sanchez for 6 years, so am not current. But during all the years that I lived in Samana, there were always guaguas from Sanchez to LT that met Caribe Tours in Sanchez to see if there were persons going to LT.

I doubt very much that those guaguas no longer meet the buses looking for LT passengers.

Tourists going to LT are much more likely to travel by Caribe Tours than they are a local bus.

Can someone more current on Samana/Sanchez than I am tell the OP about guaguas from either Sanchez or Samana to LT?