Seatbelt ticket from Amet

Ex-Canuck

Dec 30, 2010
So I wasn't sure to post here or in the legal forum, but here it goes. I got a ticket for no seatbelt today and I have to go to the police station to pay it. Apparently only the driver is required to wear one??? Does anyone know the cost, I want to know before I go. I live here, have my temp residency, but still using my Canadian drivers license. I recently made a trip to Canada, and have only been back less than 1 month, so its still good, but what happens if I were just to forget about it? What would be the reprecutions? I didn't know you had to wear a seatbelt here as I have never seen anyone use one before, guess I know now. And is there anywhere on the net which lists laws of the road here? Seems sometimes its kinda a grey area.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
No license 1000 pesos
No Seat Belt 1700 pesos
OMG, you make me laugh in midnight....

Red light in Bavaro - Zero pesos.

Our Traffic Light or Semaphore, in Bavaro is not working last 4 years.

Red light in Maimon de Bonao - Zero pesos (or a peasant will hit you with ?ame in the head)

[FONT=&quot]What does it means: Cristales tintados ??? 1000 pesos???[/FONT]

It means tinted windows.

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
So I wasn't sure to post here or in the legal forum, but here it goes. I got a ticket for no seatbelt today and I have to go to the police station to pay it. Apparently only the driver is required to wear one??? Does anyone know the cost, I want to know before I go. I live here, have my temp residency, but still using my Canadian drivers license. I recently made a trip to Canada, and have only been back less than 1 month, so its still good, but what happens if I were just to forget about it? What would be the reprecutions? I didn't know you had to wear a seatbelt here as I have never seen anyone use one before, guess I know now. And is there anywhere on the net which lists laws of the road here? Seems sometimes its kinda a grey area.
They prey on tourists. They gave me a ticket for no seat belt(normally, I wear it 95% of the time). Friends said the fees were 1700 pesos. I threw it away. Six months, no problems. F__k them! Meanwhile moto-conchos are doing wheelies, reckless driving, dui's, driving the wrong way, etc. and he is giving me a ticket !

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Natives

My wife just returned today from SDQ to Cabrera.

She traveled w/ a Dominicana looking person who is, in fact, African American.
The AA is totally fluent in Espanol

They were stopped twice.... upon eyeballing my non-Dominicana looking wife they were released "Pronto"

Their suspicion was just the opposite to what is being said here.... the locals are targeted more than the visitors.

Who knows? I never stop -- no matter what they do or say.
Read/search my post about the moto man with his leg on the road 20 yards away... it was no scam

WW

santanatwins

Jan 20, 2004
I got one last year and had to pay the 1700 pesos. First you need to go to the civil court office to get the summons noted and a fee applied. Then it's off to the central bank to pay the fine. Then back to the civil office to drop off the receipt the bank gave you. It took all day because of the back and fourth.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
how funny:cross-eye..You have to wear a seatbelt, but it is legal to squeeze 10 people in a 1988 concho taxi..

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
they target cars for seat belt violations because in their mind, people who have cars have money (to pay the fines).

people in motoconchos don't have money, so no reason to bother them with fines.

this is how dominican logic works.