Taxis and Restaurants in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

3speed

Jan 1, 2011
Hello I am in Cabarete right now with my wife and four year old, it is paradise here! One question though we are staying about 1km east of town and although we walked it yesterday it was a bit far for my daughter so wondering how much should a taxi be for this very short distance? I've noticed if you don't have your wits about you you can get gouged. Also if anyone has any reccomendations of restaurants across the street heading east that would be great, there were some pretty cool looking little spots (one next to the police station i think?). I was here 5 years ago and I'm shocked at how aggressive the hair bead and sales people have become on the beach in Cabarete. We were approached probably 15 times yesterday at lunch and had to get a bit rude after trying to be as polite as possible. Other than that though this place is paradise!!

blackrainbow

Dec 26, 2009
it shouldnt cost too much, banter with the driver(s) offer what you think is a likely offer.
It should be cheaper if arranges to pick you up also, get a big bargain ;)
BR

windfinder

May 28, 2007
No sure how much it will cost from the east side of town , from Kitebeach to Cabarete it's 10 $ , with a Tourist Taxi !

edm7583

May 29, 2007
Absolutely no more than 200 pesos from where you are staying to the center of Cabarete, even at night. Any more and you are being ripped off in a huge way.

Jan 17, 2009
To my knowledge, the minimum rate in Cabarete has being around RD$200 for a couple of years. If in doubt, call the Cabarete Sosua Taxi company and ask about their minimum rate.

(809) 571-3097 / (809) 571-2797

3speed

Jan 1, 2011
200 seems like a lot for what amounts to a one minute taxi drive, but if that's the way it is...

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Taxi's are relatively expensive here. The cost of a car is huge (double the price in the States and sometimes more than double), fuel is expensive, a taxi license is expensive and car mechanics do a very poor job causing more problems than they fix often... MotoConcho is slightly dangerous but a quarter the price for a quick trip...

Reactions: SantiagoDR
Status
Not open for further replies.