Enigma Disco_Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Any thoughts or feelings about Enigma Disco in Puerto Plata??? For my next trip, I want to get outside of Sosua to explore the nightlife elsewhere. I've never been to Puerto Plata at night to go clubbing , so I think I'll give it a try.

I see that Cristals disco is next to the brothel. Is it a place where you could find a normal crowd, or is it like Classicos in Sosua, and mostly filled with putas???

If I go to Enigma or Cristals, will there be any gringos???

It looks like Enigma disco is just past Brugals rum factory on the main highway (Route 5). :chinese:

Thanks,
J.B.

Avenida Manolo Tavarez Justo puerto plata - Google Maps

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i was always under the impression that cristal was a brothel and brothel only. yes, they play music but it seems like it is mostly putas. and gringos :)
there are many places on manolo tavarez justo, frequented mostly by dominicans, i suppose. if you want to explore nightlife in POP just go to any big car wash, they are all discos...

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Crystal and Enigma are both strip clubs!Simple. Yes you will find both gringos and locals in the clubs.

Enigma has opened on the Malecon.

Neither is where you will find regular people as opposed to ladies of the night.....LOL

For local clubs do a search we recently covered this.

web

Nov 5, 2005
Crystal and Enigma are both strip clubs!Simple. Yes you will find both gringos and locals in the clubs.

Enigma has opened on the Malecon.

Neither is where you will find regular people as opposed to ladies of the night.....LOL

For local clubs do a search we recently covered this.

Enigma has a little more "club" atmoshere than Crystals. They play Bachata and Merengue and have a live strip show several times throughout the evening. Not a bad place and you are not "hounded" by the chicas there like you are in Crystals. Enigma has girls for "take out" but they do not stand there and parade around showing you their "wares" crying "hay papi, hay papi"

All depends what you are into I guess.

The Caseta's along the malecon are a good place to start and of course there is El Furgon on Wednesday nights where you can get 6 grandes for $300pesos in a bucket.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there is also d'esteban (formerly babylon) on manolo tavarez justo, a big car wash next to javilla, la canita close to the port, terazza caribe in the city center. i think it will be probably better if you go there with friends rather than alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.