Reporting change of address to the U.K. tax authorities?

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2010
If I have a permanent residency card and I am in the D.R. and I want to contact the U.K. tax authorities to report a change of address, how do I do that if the mail and post system in the D.R. is not reliable? How do I contact the U.K. tax authorities with my change of address? Perhaps those of you from other countries can tell how you did it for your particular country's tax authority?

Thanks

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2010
In other words, what is the cheapest way for me to send the forms in hard copy form to the U.K. and not use the D.R. post service?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
In other words, what is the cheapest way for me to send the forms in hard copy form to the U.K. and not use the D.R. post service?
Have you tried doing it on line? Check out the website & look at their advice there as I am sure anything which we give you will be a little out of date. Google UK Works & Pensions Department & I am sure something appropriate will come up! ~ Grahame.

Reactions: rice&beans

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I am a Brit ex-pat, when dealing with the tax authorities anything I cannot send by email I send via my Miami MBE address and request that they reply in the same way. Not that I've so far had any reply, they continue to send to my R.D. Appartado Postal at Las Terrenas post office! I get it OK but it takes two months.

yanandu

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
CPS office in Las Terrenas can send it for you.
Takes 2-3 weeks.
If its urgent the DHL office can do it but the charge is high.
The UK Tax office has accepted a change of address for me by phone in the past.
It is practical to file on line.
You have to register to do this.
Yanandu.