Currently in Sosua and need work!

Jessiejayne

May 17, 2010
Hi,
I am currently living in Sosua and will be here till May 20th. Just wondering if anyone is hiring, or knows someone who is in need of a waitress/bartender, store clerk, etc. Would like to make a little cash to help with my stay here. I am a 28 year old female from Canada. Message if you have any info or questions.
Thanks!
Jess

Jessiejayne

May 17, 2010
I'll try again...

Anybody at all have some info in response to my post above?? Anybody??
I know the employment in Sosua is slim but....;)
Thanks!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I think the problem here Jessiejayne is that there are LOTS of Dominican ladies & men looking to get an income. Not just in Sosua but most Dominican towns & cities. Employers are more likely (& rightly so) to offer jobs to Dominicans where the meagre wages actually go into the joint family income & get spent keeping them with a meal most days of the week.

This seems a reasonable policy to adopt by the employers in my opinion as it avoids discontent starting against part time dwellers in the DR, coming to take jobs that Dominicans could earn money from. ~ Grahame.

Marditaaa

Jan 28, 2011
Try Admiral soccer they are based in cofresi now but use to be a sosua company, cofresi isnt far though and they are an american based company who produce sportswear for all sorts of different places. Its a sort of call center type place. wages are quite decent Iv heard.