Herb Plants

losflor

Sep 4, 2010
I'm looking to buy some actual plants - Italian Basil, oregano, rosemary.

I would try to grow, but haven't seen any seeds.

Anyone got any, or cuttings? I'm desperate for basil.

Thanks!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
You could try the Punta Cana Ecological Foundation, they grow basil, mint and parsley.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's in the Punta Cana Resort and Club complex - turn right at the airport roundabout, go through the entry checkpoint - tell them you're going to the Fundaci?n Ecol?gica - they will ask for an ID document. Drive straight on for about 5 minutes until you pass the Punta Cana Hotel (flags on the left) and the Ranch (horses on your right) and then turn right.

Their vivero and shop is open weekdays 8:30-4:00 but call to confirm.
Tel. 809 959-9221
PUNTACANA Ecological Foundation

Reactions: losflor

losflor

Sep 4, 2010
It's in the Punta Cana Resort and Club complex - turn right at the airport roundabout, go through the entry checkpoint - tell them you're going to the Fundaci?n Ecol?gica - they will ask for an ID document. Drive straight on for about 5 minutes until you pass the Punta Cana Hotel (flags on the left) and the Ranch (horses on your right) and then turn right.

Their vivero and shop is open weekdays 8:30-4:00 but call to confirm.
Tel. 809 959-9221
PUNTACANA Ecological Foundation

Chiri, looked at the website, what a great place. AND I learnt about a farmers market at PCV on a Saturday.

I can't wait to get transport so I can visit these things. It's amazing how difficult it is with just a scooter in Bavaro! Hurry up Mr Flor and by a car!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Well, the Saturday market seems to have stopped since the Nacional opened. It provided a service to the community that is no longer needed, I suppose.

You can still buy their produce from the Foundation's small shop - they grow lettuce, rucula, spring onions, green peppers, aubergines and a couple of other things, as well as the herbs. They also sell their excellent forest honey.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Seeds

We bought seeds at ferreteria Americana..... the tropical seeds, purchased here seem to do better than anything we brought from No America.

It grows faster than you can eat it all...... you'll be able to start your own Farmers' Market in a couple of months:cheeky:

WW

Reactions: miloskorac

losflor

Sep 4, 2010
We bought seeds at ferreteria Americana..... the tropical seeds, purchased here seem to do better than anything we brought from No America.

It grows faster than you can eat it all...... you'll be able to start your own Farmers' Market in a couple of months:cheeky:

WW

Cool William, thanks a million - the scooter can make it to the Americana, but PVC is pushing it a bit.

I have found a basil plant at the florists in Bavaro, so I will heading off to get my seeds this weekend.

Glad to hear that they are 'local' seeds as my ones from UK wouldn't take.

I'll let you know when my Mercadito opens.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Good luck to you...
We sent our garden man to buy seeds.
He thought he had spinach or lettuce seeds..... nope..... we have more bok choy than you have ever seen.
Its delicious and we are giving it away to anyone who comes by..... way too much production here ;)

Beets, carrots, radishes, tomatoes..... the list goes on

WW