Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speeding Ticket on New Samana Highway

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Speeding Ticket on New Samana Highway

Somewhat amazingly, my wife received a citation on the new highway that connects Samana and Santo Domingo from an police offer with his new radar gun. She was given a time/date to appear at court, and is anxious about what might happen. Anyone else have this happen to them? What was the consequence/fine? Anyone not appear and have their name "red flagged" at other national department?

THANKS! And drive safe....

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the speed limit on that highway?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb A mistake

Pay the ticket and be done with it. Otherwise you may in the future be arrested and have your car towed (usually damaged during the towing procedure) and find yourself in jail for a short time AND pay a lot more. Not paying means that every time you are stopped you will be worried that this may be the time!! Someday this country will discover computers and you do not want to be among the new victims. The fine is not that much.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Speed limit is 80 kph.

So, the court date is just to show up and pay a fine - they didnīt tell her the fine, nor does it say on the paper, they just gave the citation with date/time....

engineerfg

that's new...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I got stopped in a road block on this highway and didnt have my matricula/insurance papers (I did have them in the car, just couldn't find them at the time), we paid RD$500 in cash and were on our way.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    Speed limit is 80 kph.

So, the court date is just to show up and pay a fine - they didnīt tell her the fine, nor does it say on the paper, they just gave the citation with date/time....
    Who needs this TOLL road with a 80 km/hour (50 miles/h) limit??!!

I drive to La Romana and back at 140-160 k/h normally.

What a rip-off!! At each step!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    ....... Someday this country will discover computers and you do not want to be among the new victims. The fine is not that much.
    stick your cedula number in Amet's "consultas" site. if it comes out green you have nothing to worry about. if your name turns up in red, then pay the fine (still don't have much to worry about).

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

darn, first there was this dude with a seatbelt ticket, now the speed. and they fine for not having papers? what comes next? a ticket for drunk driving? this country is going to dogs, i tell ya.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I [luckily] didn't get stopped, but counted 6 that did on my last roundtrip. I call it a rolling toll booth or speed trials fee.

The twisties through the park are a blast in a porsche

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast