Gaining Dominican Citizenship?

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
Okay, My mother is African American, and my Dad was Dominicano. My parents separated when I was about a year old and I never really knew my father, I just was told of his nationality and I hung out when I was growing up with Dominicans and latinos. When it came time for my own kids to be born, the birth cirtificates here, only allow for one Race so I listed myself as Dominican. But now I was hoping to move to Dominican Republic and maybe find my Father's family and even become citizens(my kids and I) and maybe even have dual citizenship? is such a thing possible:glasses:? and if so, how do I get started. I guess this may not be the best site to seek this information but I am only curious right now, so take care and God bless
Biggs

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Okay, My mother is African American, and my Dad was Dominicano. My parents separated when I was about a year old and I never really knew my father, I just was told of his nationality and I hung out when I was growing up with Dominicans and latinos. When it came time for my own kids to be born, the birth cirtificates here, only allow for one Race so I listed myself as Dominican. But now I was hoping to move to Dominican Republic and maybe find my Father's family and even become citizens(my kids and I) and maybe even have dual citizenship? is such a thing possible:glasses:? and if so, how do I get started. I guess this may not be the best site to seek this information but I am only curious right now, so take care and God bless
Biggs

Did your father recognize you as his daughter? Do you know where he is from in the DR? If the answer is yes to both, you can go to the DR and get your father birth certificate.

After that you have to go to your local Dominican consulate in the U.S. with your birth certificate, and explain to them that you want to apply to Dominican citizenship through your father. At the consulate they are going to legalize your American birth certificate, and then you need to go the DR to finish the process.

And yes, you can be a due citizen of the DR and the U.S. like me :bunny: