Cheap Flights To Other Countries From The D.R.

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2010
If I arrive in the D.R. on a passport from another country, what are some countries I can go to from the D.R. quite inexpensively round trip from the D.R.?

Cuba? Panama? Any others?

Do you have any prices of tickets round trip that you can think of?

Will Cuba allow Cuban immigration to stamp a loose piece of paper you have in
your passport so that the stamp does not go onto the passport itself?
I know Israel used to allow you to do that but I do not know if Cuba will
allow that.

Does a person need any special kind of VISA to visit Cuba?

Thanks.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Did you use your UK Passport to come here?? Will you be using that for travelling to these 'other places'?

If you are, then check with the British Embassy (if you are down south) or the British Consular office (Up here on North Coast) & check with them where you are allowed to go to. It is your PASSPORT which governs where you can go, not the country you are now living/staying in!

Then check online for prices as they vary on a daily basis if you are trying to look for 'Good Deals' ~ Grahame.

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
how about cheap flights from other countries to the DR? I have been looking around and it seems all the flights from almost anywhere in the States is the same price on every site I have checked. Maybe I need a travel agent? Anyone know any discounts or cheap flights or package deals? thanks
Biggs
:#

Slick James

Mar 11, 2010
I get the impression that inter-Caribbean travel is expensive. I looked into Trinidad and Jamaica a while back, and both were priced way out of my range. There is that smaller airline that goes all over the Caribbean but their prices are on par with business class in North America. Maybe check into Puerto Rico tho?

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I get the impression that inter-Caribbean travel is expensive. I looked into Trinidad and Jamaica a while back, and both were priced way out of my range. There is that smaller airline that goes all over the Caribbean but their prices are on par with business class in North America. Maybe check into Puerto Rico tho?

You are perfectly correct. While the actual airline fare may be very cheap the massive taxes in the DR make all airflights expensive and there is no way of getting around it ..you only have to look at the small difference in the price of flying to New York as compared to Miami to see that the major component is tax

Girbaud101

Dec 16, 2010
Im actually researching this also. What I have discovered is that the most cost conscious destination from DR(sdq), was to Puerto Rico. Of course I assume you don't want a 500 peso trip to la frontera with Hati. Next, cost conscious destination was Panama then Cuba. Trips to Spain and South America were about the same at 1K USD.
Good luck
Me

Michrob

Feb 8, 2011
Flights to Jamaica

Was looking at flights from the Rep.Dom to Jamaica and it is the same price, if not more as a flight from the UK to the Rep.DOM! There has to be a cheaper way of getting to other caribbean isalnds from Rep.Dom. Any info anyone has about this your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MichRob

whiddons

Dec 19, 2010
Using Liat Airlines you can travel with advance sale purchase for around 350 - 550 US roundtrip to English Speaking Caribbean islands like Antigua, Barbados, Grenada. Antigua would be the cheapest since that is a direct flight out of Santo Domingo, the others which connect through Antigua you have to wait for the sales cause in high season they will cost you a good chunk of change.
Before You Fly - Liat Airline