The grass is always greener???

C

cinathome

I had an absolutely dreamy vacation in Boca Chica a month ago. It was my first real getaway in almost 10 years. Unfortunately, I've been obsessing about getting back ever since. Unlike others I'm not looking for that perfect oportunity that will make my dream come true. If it's meant to be I'll find or create one for myself.

I am looking for a way to get over my obsession. Dreaming about a goal is healthy and natural but I find myself spending way too much of my time and energy browsing Dominican websites and reading message boards. I'm even starting to understand the odd bit of the spanish ones. I have a very good life here at home and am getting frustrated with this restless yearning. The best cure I know is to really get to know the thing I'm ridiculously focused on. There is nothing like a dose of reality for getting your head out of the clouds.

Anyhow, I'm looking for a regular working class person living in the D.R. to become my pen pal, email or snail mail. I know in my head that the everyday life of a working, family oriented person is probably the same the world over but need a real person to run it home for me. I'm not looking for anyone to tarnish my dream of living in your tropicial paradise I just want to put it back into perspective. In exchange I offer a view into the exciting life of a single working mom in Toronto Canada and the possibility of friendship with an intelligent caring and occassionally witty person. Oh did I mention my ability to laugh at the world and myself, and that I am to cowardly to put an ad in the personals where this probably belongs. HeHeHe Really I'm not looking for romance, just a friend with a prettier landscape.

Cindy