motorcycle license ????

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
Is the Dominican motorcycle license the same as the Dominican driver's license?

Is the Dominican Driver's license what is required to legally drive a motorcycle?

Clarification please if anyone knows.

Cheers

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
A motorcycle license exists, but few bother obtaining one.

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
So if you have a driver's license, and drive a motorcycle, do you need a motorcycle license too?

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
As well as you have mastered the knolege driving test (examen teorico) and have a driving permit issued on your name (carnet de aprendisaje) you will be good to drive motorcicles in DR.

JJ

Reactions: Tamborista

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I am still waiting for my license plate but that's not going to happen until i buy a new bike....it's a non issue on the north coast but the helmet is sometimes an issue and I wear mine more often than I need to but better safe than....

Reactions: waytogo

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
This is an old thread but has some relevant info. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think technically riding a motorbike on a foreign car license will not be good enough if there is an accident and/or insurance claim !?

I know foreign insurance companies won't pay up if you ride a bike (even a small scooter) without a proper motorbike license (I have asked from UK insurance firms).

Now this brings me to this question, can you easily get a motorbike license in DR as a foreigner ? Does it require the theory exam (like cars) ? (I'm asking because in UK it sets you back about ?550 or US$800 !!!?)

(I can guess the answers but wanted to confirm.)

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
So if I understand it right, when a foreigner (with proper cedula and temporary residence) gets the DR driving license, he is untitled to drive a car and a motorbike. Is this right? And can he drive any bike, 125cc, 600cc, 1000...
:)

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
So if I understand it right, when a foreigner (with proper cedula and temporary residence) gets the DR driving license, he is untitled to drive a car and a motorbike. Is this right? And can he drive any bike, 125cc, 600cc, 1000...
:)

Yes!!!