Transformation House Children's Hospital

ProjX

Jan 26, 2011
www.transformation-house.org
Transformation House Hospital Project Update?

After 3 Months with our Door Open?
Facts and Figures:
How Many Long Term Patients We Have Admitted ? Quantity 4
How Many Patients Weekly in Out-Patient Clinic ? Average 166
Maximum Patients Admitted on a Single Day ? 42 (18 Moms )
Number of Permanent Beds ? 24
Number of Emergency Beds ? 12
Number of Hospital Cribs ? 6
Number of Full-Time Staff ? 31
Number of Doctors ? 5
Number of Volunteer Hours per Week ? 500 +
Donations Received To Date ? USD $26520.00
Operating Costs to Keep Facility Open ? + USD 12,685.00 / month
Ability to Save Children?s Lives - Priceless

The ?Transformation House? allows us the flexibility to care for children without parents or family and provide The Best Medical Care Available ? Anywhere!

Like all Family Programs ? our intention to provide a safe refuge for children and their mom?s. In addition to providing the safest place possible - we are providing extended health care to children that need it the most and can afford it the least. In over 90% of the Paediatric Cases that are treated at Transformation House diet and extreme malnutrition are the root cause of the ailments!

THIS VITAL HEALTH CARE PROGRAM NEEDS YOUR HELP!

Please feel free to contact is at healthykids@proj-x-global.com

Website: Proj-X-Global Health Care Ministries Website | Transformation House Children's Health Care Facility

Thank you very much and we appreciate any and all help
:glasses:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Pardon Me For Being Skeptical,BuuuuuuuuuuT???

I am!
Never seen,or heard,anything about this project,before your 2 posts(identical)here today.
Tell us your location,and how to make a visit.phone number???????
Let a few wellknown "DR1ers" visit you,and give us their reports.Only after their "Good" report,should anyone even consider making a donation to a "Nice Description" on an heretofore unknown website.
Nice Picture!:cheeky:But looks like a house in a gated community.NOT any hospital I EVER saw in the DR. Too CLEAN,no people.
Cris Colon

Last edited:

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I poked around on the website a bit and found a local address in Sos?a. It appears to be a Canadian Christian outreach.

Perhaps someone in Sos?a could arrange to visit?

To OP: feel free to PM me. I have some local contacts who have similar interests.

DMLVT

Jan 12, 2004
I went there last week with my husband and some friends. It's located between Cabarete East and Sabaneta. The building looks like an old abandon villa. It is white with a large white wall in front. Please don't knock these people until you stopped by for a visit. The bedrooms have been set up like a dormitory. They have bunk beds and cribs. There were many small children there when we visited. They run a day clinic, but keep seriously ill children overnight. When I there, there were nurses, doctors and volunteers working. Definitely worth a visit. These people are here in this country to help the children. They do not charge for their services. Great place to volunteer if you like kids.

Transformation House Hospital Project Update?

After 3 Months with our Door Open?
Facts and Figures:
How Many Long Term Patients We Have Admitted ? Quantity 4
How Many Patients Weekly in Out-Patient Clinic ? Average 166
Maximum Patients Admitted on a Single Day ? 42 (18 Moms )
Number of Permanent Beds ? 24
Number of Emergency Beds ? 12
Number of Hospital Cribs ? 6
Number of Full-Time Staff ? 31
Number of Doctors ? 5
Number of Volunteer Hours per Week ? 500 +
Donations Received To Date ? USD $26520.00
Operating Costs to Keep Facility Open ? + USD 12,685.00 / month
Ability to Save Children?s Lives - Priceless

The ?Transformation House? allows us the flexibility to care for children without parents or family and provide The Best Medical Care Available ? Anywhere!

Like all Family Programs ? our intention to provide a safe refuge for children and their mom?s. In addition to providing the safest place possible - we are providing extended health care to children that need it the most and can afford it the least. In over 90% of the Paediatric Cases that are treated at Transformation House diet and extreme malnutrition are the root cause of the ailments!

THIS VITAL HEALTH CARE PROGRAM NEEDS YOUR HELP!

Please feel free to contact is at healthykids@proj-x-global.com

Website: Proj-X-Global Health Care Ministries Website | Transformation House Children's Health Care Facility

Thank you very much and we appreciate any and all help
:glasses:

Sounds Great, Good luck. :classic:

ProjX

Jan 26, 2011
Good Morning. Apologize for our tardiness. We are located 3km between Cabarete and Sabaneta on the Main Road. Paypal is available on our website - but before you donate I would encourage you to come and spend a little time at the facility. Come and meet the kids... the medical teams and be assured that this is a real charity and facility. When you get here ask for Martin (I am the executive director of the project) or ask for one of the five doctors we have one staff if I am not available). I understand that people are skeptics of why an organization would put a charity hospital into place. To all the skeptics - please come and check it out!

Thanks for thinking of us and God Bless
Martin

ProjX

Jan 26, 2011
I am!
Never seen,or heard,anything about this project,before your 2 posts(identical)here today.
Tell us your location,and how to make a visit.phone number???????
Let a few wellknown "DR1ers" visit you,and give us their reports.Only after their "Good" report,should anyone even consider making a donation to a "Nice Description" on an heretofore unknown website.
Nice Picture!:cheeky:But looks like a house in a gated community.NOT any hospital I EVER saw in the DR. Too CLEAN,no people.
Cris Colon
Dear Mr. Cris Colon -

Please come by the facility. If you live on the north coast I would be happy to pick you up and take you there myself. You can reach me at 809-858-5213 or 809-983-2299 on my cell. You can also contact the facility directly at 829-956-4805. I understand that you are somewhat skeptical and we encourage you to get involved. We are a 24/7 operation that are open to visitors from 7am to 7pm every day of the week. We do not charge for any medical care provided and we are doing our very best to raise the bar for health care by developing our staff education levels.
To be fair - I would ask you to visit the facility and when you are satisfied with what you see... please make your comments on the DR1 forum about what you have seen. Good or bad comments are welcome... we can only strive to be better.

Thanks and God Bless
Martin
Executive Director
Transformation House

ProjX

Jan 26, 2011
I went there last week with my husband and some friends. It's located between Cabarete East and Sabaneta. The building looks like an old abandon villa. It is white with a large white wall in front. Please don't knock these people until you stopped by for a visit. The bedrooms have been set up like a dormitory. They have bunk beds and cribs. There were many small children there when we visited. They run a day clinic, but keep seriously ill children overnight. When I there, there were nurses, doctors and volunteers working. Definitely worth a visit. These people are here in this country to help the children. They do not charge for their services. Great place to volunteer if you like kids.
Thank you for your feedback. As I indicated on an earlier post - we can only strive to get better. We have only been open for about 4 months now so we are still making it through the learning curve.

Oh - in case I haven't mentioned it - Thanks for Coming out to visit.

Martin

ProjX

Jan 26, 2011
I poked around on the website a bit and found a local address in Sos?a. It appears to be a Canadian Christian outreach.

Perhaps someone in Sos?a could arrange to visit?

To OP: feel free to PM me. I have some local contacts who have similar interests.
La Profe

We would welcome your visit! Count on about 30 to 45 minutes. Once you arrive you will be given a safety briefing about the facility. We do have a lot of children that are HIV Positive and have tested positive for Hep C... so for your safety and the safety of the children you will be given a briefing about universal precautions and what to do if there is an emergency that arises. Once you have finished the orientation - we would love for you to spend some time with the kids. Of all the things I can guarantee - once you have visited you will be back. The children are like sponges. They crave love and attention and it is one of the things that are provided.

If you are driving - go east through Cabarete and when you reach the Texaco on the east side of town - we are 3km east on the right side of the road. There is a big white fence around a large landscaped estate. On the Gate you will see Transformation House Ministries and on the side posts you will see red and white signs for Tyler House Medical Facility. If you want to know where the name Tyler House came from please go to the Transformation House website at www.transformation-house.org

Thanks for your interest
Martin

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Thank You For Your "More Detailed" Description.

I will try to visit on my next trip "North". Some additional fotos would be appreciated.
Cris Colon

ProjX

Jan 26, 2011
Thanks Mr. Colon

We encourage everyone to visit. The parent organization to Transformation House is Proj-X Global Health Care Ministries. If you go to the webpage Proj-X-Global Health Care Ministries you can find a ton of pictures under the photo expressions category on the site as well as see some of the other activities we are involved with along the north coast of the Dominican.

Kindest Regards
Martin

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I clicked on the link and the account is suspended. Are they still helping people?

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
They are indeed! Another organization has taken over. GO MAD Ministries, excellent organization. Look them up on the web. I am not sure of the hours of operation, but if you cannot find them on the website, let me know and I can get the information for you.