Want to phone daughter. Is DR in Caribbean?

K

Kim

My daughter just moved there. I know very little about DR. I'm wanting to phone her. The phone card asked if I wanted to call US/Canada/Caribbean? I'm not sure. Anyone willing to answer?

C

catherine

yes buy the telecom calling card or the merengue or tropicard and dial area code 1-809 and the number

T

Tgf

Re: GET A little courtesy

Well, I guess we can either attack a poster or educate a poster. I believe that any question asked the first time deserves a responsible and civil answer.

Geographically, most scholars will put the Dominican Republic within the Caribbean. Geographers state that the Greater Antilles and the Lesser Antilles are part of the Caribbean region. Culturally, the Caribbean is viewed as a distinct culture area. Strangely enough, the Bahamas are often excluded from both the geographical and cultural study of the Caribbean as being outside the sphere. The Dominican Republic actually touches the two different bodies of water: the Caribbean Sea on the south coast and the Atlantic Ocean on the north coast.

Kim, unlike many other foreign countries you do not need to dial a international dialing code (011) and then the country code for the Dom. Repub. if you dial from the U.S. or Canada. All you need to dial is the area code 1-809 and the number. I hope this helps