Moving back to the DR

freestylecats

Jan 27, 2011
My family and I are planning to live in the DR towards the end of this year and I am wondering about taking personal possessions, furniture vehicle etc. I know of the Mudanza but not the ins and outs and hoped someone out there was a little more current than we are?
I previously lived in the DR and still have some business interests there, and have had a residency and Cedula and an RNC number. I am from the UK and have been permenant resident in Canada for the last 4 years.
Thanks to anyone that can give me some advice.

yanandu

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
The only people I know have packed everything into a container and this has entered the DR duty free.
Yanandu.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
If you?ve been living out side the DR for the past five (5) years, your entitled to bring every thing you own duty free. This does not mean your not going to pay something, because the (Aduanas) always invents something new to charge people as they enter the country.

A 45 foot container will cost you around $3,000 US dollars, when shiped from the United States, being that your in Canada, expect to pay a little more. I went through this process many years ago. It could be that things have changed since then so feel free to keep asking, because many on dr1 are well versed on this subject.