Purchasing ads in DiarioLibre for a lower price?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I'm interested in posting several ads in the print edition of Diario Libre, but their costs range from 18,000+ pesos for their smallest 2-column x 3" ad to 60,000+ for a 1/4-page X 1/2-page ad. That's for one day.

Does anyone know how I can get a better deal on these ads? I know print advertising in popular newspapers is expensive, but maybe someone somewhere knows how to get a slightly better deal.

Thanks.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
You need to talk with one of the people there who sell the space. You will get a much better deal. Call the ad department directly and speak to them. The rates reduce dramatically especially if you book direct and they do not have to pay commission to an agency.

Matilda

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks for the post.

I did call them directly. I called DiarioLibre, which then gave me a phone# to call. I assume the person they referred me to also works with DiarioLibre.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Unless you're buying big, you better have some excellent connections in some of the local newspapers. You also need to consider those advertisers that spend big and get exclusivity when it comes to "classified style" advertising products. Meaning... the newspaper is not going to cut you a break, because their "big" client has paid to keep your of style ads out. That's all I will say... Other than, welcome to doing business in the DR ;)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Remember, buying print, radio and TV media is a complete waste of resources if you don't do it with great repetition. And THAT is expensive.

Feb 7, 2007
You need to talk with one of the people there who sell the space. You will get a much better deal. Call the ad department directly and speak to them. The rates reduce dramatically especially if you book direct and they do not have to pay commission to an agency.

Matilda

Not true. Many agencies (or better to says Media Centrals, centrales de medios) have pre-contracted rates or buy in bulk. Direct is not always cheaper in media business. Actually, for a small client direct in most instances means "gold mine" for the media. Media LOVE small and medium direct clients, because that's where they finally get to charge list prices.

Unfortunately for the OP most agencies/media centrals will not take on a client for 3-4 day print run. But you may still want to call AOR, PHD and OMD.

Also consider dailies like Listin Diario, El Dia, Hoy, etc. You may want to also consider advertising in classifieds section (where you can put a full ad) and the price will be cheaper. It will have not the full impact of advertising in the main section though.

Last edited: