help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

salcedo2010

Aug 11, 2010
hey I really need your help! ... I'm planning to go on vacation this spring to bluebay villas doradas resort in Puerto Plata ..in the Playa Dorada complex. Has anyone been there to this resort? ........ are there any other resorts in the area that your guys recomend?

jadelouisee

Jan 29, 2011
I really recommend the Rui hotels which are based in Bahia Maimon, about 15 minutes away from the hotel you have mentioned. Hope this helps

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Blue Bay is very good. It is the only hotel in the area for adults only. It has recently been renovated, service is good!

In Playa Dorada area - Gran Ventana, Barcelo, Victoria Hotel, Iberostar, Be Live Coral Marien are all good.

I do not particularly like the RIU hotels. They have had problems in the past.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Blue Bay is very good. It is the only hotel in the area for adults only. It has recently been renovated, service is good!

In Playa Dorada area - Gran Ventana, Barcelo, Victoria Hotel, Iberostar, Be Live Coral Marien are all good.

I do not particularly like the RIU hotels. They have had problems in the past.

I've stayed in 5 different hotels in the Playa Dorada complex and have no serious complaints about any of them. However ,I've haven't stayed in the Blue Bay so can't comment on it.
I've stayed in the Rui Bachata and it is a grade up from anything at Playa Dorado.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
I only stayed at RIU hotels once and I did not like the beach or the fact it was isolated. Food was good and I did like that you could go from one to the other.

Just depends what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.