Book recommendation- Dany Laferri?re - Tout bouge autour de moi

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
2vlph6p.jpg

This book is a chronological account of the events of the earthquake experienced by a renowned Haitian author, Dany Laferri?re who was in his native country for a book fair (a celebration of Haitian literature) at the time of the earthquake. He is one of the first authors to have a book in print about the January 12, 2010 earthquake, an event already considered historical by the author himself.

I only starting reading his work last year and since reading the first book, I became an instant fan of his French literature. I have since purchased most of the books of his autobiography series written from abroad when he arrived in Quebec in exile from Haiti (irony here he left, no choice, more like fled during the Duvalier, Baby Doc regime). Dany is a renowned author in France and Montreal for his literature about Haiti and his writing style that captures the essence of "his" nostalgia about his homeland. He is also considered a prominent author of French Caribbean literature among others greats like Patrick Chamoiseau (Martiniquais) and Lyonel Trouillot (also Haitian).

For those who speak French, I recommend the book as a source to understand what happenned the day of the earthquake and the aftermath experienced by many Haitians who were affected by the 7.0 quake on January 12, 2010. From the voice of a prominent author, the earthquake is no doubt the most tragic event in modern Haitian history that will impact the lives of many for years to come.

----MP.

TOUT BOUGE AUTOUR DE MOI - [Montray Kr?yol]

Last edited: