Wedding on beach in Santo Domingo

eduhr

Jan 30, 2011
Greetings! We're looking to marry on a beach in Santo Domingo. My fiancee is Dominican born, American citizen, so family will be doing the reception and we don't need a resort. Any suggestions?!?! Thank you!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
By "Santo Domingo" do you mean the city? There are not very many beaches there.

For an off-resort civil wedding on any beach in the country you have the option of getting the judge (for an extra payment) to go there to perform the ceremony. For example, I got married on the beach at Las Galeras, a few months later my husband's cousin got married on Playa Rinc?n, in both cases the ceremony was performed by the judge from Saman?.

Closest to Santo Domingo would be Boca Chica and Juan Dolio to the east or Palenque and Najayo to the south west, combined with a meal for your guests at one of the seafood restaurants after the ceremony.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
By "Santo Domingo" do you mean the city? There are not very many beaches there.

The Santo Domingo shoreline is mostly rocks and small cliffs about 20 feet high, although parts are visually spectacular, the only beach in the city area is next to the DRNavy Officers Club just east of the Ozama River. It's just a sand spit and none too clean, but lots of wedding couples have sunset photography sessions there. Chiri's suggestion is a good one

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Palenque would be awesome if you want informal. Salinas would be really cool, too. But both are going to be limited in the number of hotel rooms readily available.

If it were me, I'd go with Boca Chica.

I did a google search and came up with the following:

Boca Chica Dominican Republic - English

I think it might be a good place to start.

Congrats, by the way.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Greetings! We're looking to marry on a beach in Santo Domingo. My fiancee is Dominican born, American citizen, so family will be doing the reception and we don't need a resort. Any suggestions?!?! Thank you!

If you can wait maybe until 2020 you can get married in a beach in Santo Domingo. Right now, We dont have any beach.

Reactions: Celt202

eduhr

Jan 30, 2011
Thanks to all for the responses! I'm off to investigate and will update! Thanks again to everyone!!!

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
Outside of Santo Domingo

My friend did her wedding in Punta Cana, and it was beautiful.

The closest beaches to SD that i can think of are

Guayacanes (no resorts)
Juan Dolio (nice resorts, and nice golf course)
Boca Chica (havent been but its got AI's)
Palenque (difficult to get to)
najayo (havent been)
Salinas (easy to get to but far)