How popular is "El Show De Nelson"? Its target audience?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I'm searching for the different ways I can advertising my business, and I met with someone that works with the people from "El Show De Nelson". We were discussing costs, and theirs were reasonable.

My question is... exactly how popular is "El Show de Nelson"? What's their target audience?

Thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I do not know your demographic target audience. The Show de Nelson is for teeny boppers and servant class folks...people who can watch that stuff.
Jose Gutierrez has a major share of the audience in his mid day time slot on a major cable news channel CDN...and I forget the guy who is on at night, another good talking head...lots of gossip. In the morning the shows on Channel 25 and 29 are widely watched by folks in Santiago.

La Informaci?n is Santiago's newspaper. People read it for gossip and to see who had died. Talk to Servio Cepeda and see what he thinks.

And Haime Thomas is like Oprah around Santiago...

HB

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
You can contact a company that provide audience monitoring services in Radio, TV or Cable through People Meter technology That will tell you which are the most popular programs, who watch them, etc, etc. there are several company in the country that provides that service.
Any marketing and advertizing company also can help you.

Feb 7, 2007
You can contact a company that provide audience monitoring services in Radio, TV or Cable through People Meter technology That will tell you which are the most popular programs, who watch them, etc, etc. there are several company in the country that provides that service.
Any marketing and advertizing company also can help you.

There is actually only ONE company that provides that, and that is AGB. :: AGB ::

You will not get the data just like that, asking for it, you have to become a client and SUBSCRIBE to their service (costs lots of $$$) or BUY a single report but that costs $$$ as well.

If you approach advertising agency/media central they will give you data unofficially (because they cannot distribute the data even to clients) but you will have to become their client and give them business. So you will pay $$$ either way.

Most feasible approach is to work with an inside contact at some of the agencies, advertising clients or media companies, but not as a client but as a friend. They could show you some data, again they will not give you hard copy. Leaks are penalized by $$$ by AGB. The problem with this approach is that the entity may only have data relevant to its market (e.g. Santo Domingo, not Santiago) or only specific media category (e.g. radio or press but not TV, or Internet but no radio or TV, etc.)

Both Santo Domingo and Santiago are measured electronically for audience ratings and have ad-coverage monitoring (additional $$$).