Quinine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I've started to get leg cramps again and I've run out of Quinine Sulphate. Does anyone know a Farmacia that stocks 200mg tablets?

My dad found that drinking tonic water was enough to relieve his cramps ( it has quinine in it) Might be worth trying until you get some more tablets.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I've started to get leg cramps again and I've run out of Quinine Sulphate. Does anyone know a Farmacia that stocks 200mg tablets?

We never did find a farmarcia here that stocked them but brought quite a few back from the UK. If it helps, I could let you have a packet of 28 to tide you over so just let me know.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Thanks Whirleybird

The next time you are in Sosua perhaps you will be so kind as to drop them off? The only thing I can't see happening in a while is me replacing them. Can you wait a while?

Perhaps they are not a prescription item? Do you know? Perhaps I can get a friend to pick some up in the UK.

Simon

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
i know of a guy that ate two bananas everyday to get the potassium to stop his leg pain. the extra potassium ruined his kidneys. he may have also been taking supplements, i am not his babysitter, and he says that it took a long time for the problem to get to his kidneys..

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
The next time you are in Sosua perhaps you will be so kind as to drop them off? The only thing I can't see happening in a while is me replacing them. Can you wait a while?

Perhaps they are not a prescription item? Do you know? Perhaps I can get a friend to pick some up in the UK.

Simon

I am fairly sure that they are a prescription only medication in the UK but not totally sure. Will bring packet in to the office when next down in Sosua.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
chloroquine is available as ARALEN, by the lab sanofi aventis.
for cramps i would suggest simple magnesium. one pill a day does miracles.

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
Dew from Heaven

i know of a guy that ate two bananas everyday to get the potassium to stop his leg pain. the extra potassium ruined his kidneys. he may have also been taking supplements, i am not his babysitter, and he says that it took a long time for the problem to get to his kidneys..

Coconut water (not to be confused with coconut milk) water has more potassium than a banana. It has five more electrolytes then most sports drinks.
During WWII (Pacific War), both sides in the conflict regularly used coconut water, IVed directly from the nut, to give emergency transfusions to wounded soldiers. Only known natural substance that can be Ived to the blood stream (plasma).

Great for re-hydration (Cholera) and hangovers.

Banana 537 K(mg ) Potassium
Coconut Water 600K(mg )

Jan 17, 2009
Magnesium. That's what my doctor recommended up to 1000mg daily. It works.

As a matter of fact, if you go to see a doctor in the US with leg cramps, a blood test to see if you're in magnesium is the first thing they'll do.

Coleman

Oct 17, 2012
My dad found that drinking tonic water was enough to relieve his cramps ( it has quinine in it) Might be worth trying until you get some more tablets.
drinking tonic water! What is this dude, is it some sort of supplement? I'm pesonally interested
in this topic but would you like to explain it more.
Every aspect.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
May I suggest going to your Physician. He can do a comprehensive blood work up and tell you exactly where you are sufficient or insufficient. He can also suggest medically proven supplements (vitamins) and or diets.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
drinking tonic water! What is this dude, is it some sort of supplement? I'm pesonally interested
in this topic but would you like to explain it more.
Every aspect.

Thread is over 1 1/2 years old.

CLOSED!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.