Public Transport from Sanchez to Las Terrenas at night

EDVmedia

Jan 31, 2011
Hello all,

I'm coming to Las Terrenas from Haiti - traveling through Santo Domingo. It seems like my only option will be to take a Caribe Tours bus to Sanchez and then travel from Sanchez to Las Terrenas as I will arrive in Santo Domingo too late for the last direct bus to Las Terrenas.

I don't really have enough money for a private taxi from Sanchez to Las Terrenas - do any public buses make this journey? Until about what time do they run?

Thanks!

Emma

yanandu

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Hello all,

I'm coming to Las Terrenas from Haiti - traveling through Santo Domingo. It seems like my only option will be to take a Caribe Tours bus to Sanchez and then travel from Sanchez to Las Terrenas as I will arrive in Santo Domingo too late for the last direct bus to Las Terrenas.

I don't really have enough money for a private taxi from Sanchez to Las Terrenas - do any public buses make this journey? Until about what time do they run?

Thanks!

Emma

The last direct gagua( bus ) from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas goes at about 3 pm from Plaza Lama in Calle Duarte.
If you catch the Caribetours you may arrive too late for
public transport from Sanchez to Las Terrenas stops about 5.30 p.m.
The option of a moto-concho exists about 300 pesos but very hairy ride. Also taxi from Sanchez 600 - 1000 pesos. Sometimes it is possible to share a taxi.

You could spend the night in Sanchez.

Yanandu