Ocean Winds Encuentro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Looking for feedback/info on Ocean Winds gated community on Encuentro beach. Mainly, safety issues, break-ins or problems with the current issues that the beach is having.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Ocean Winds is the gated community that faces the road that goes to the beach where the surfing camps are. It's a small complex with only one street.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
That actually sounds like Vistas Del Caribe...but in any case...there are definitely security issues at Playa Encuentro...not just from the current situation on the beach. Don't assume a gate will protect you. I honestly don't mean to scare you or speak badly of any particular properties there, but the area does have more than it's share of incidents...

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Thanks David and you may be right about the name. Hope to hear from anybody living in the development.

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
We stayed at Ocean Winds for the month of August. (And yes it is called Ocean Winds). We had an attempted break in during the second week...luckily it was pre-empted by our barking Pomeranian and screaming maid. The guy got away and then the security company who man's the complex put an extra guard on during the day. We also discovered that we were consistently getting clothes (mainly bathing suits) stolen off our clothes line frequently.
Complex was quiet but wouldn't stay there again. After we arrived we had many people say that they would never stay in that area. We also realized after a month there that we really overpaid for our stay there.
Hope this helps.

oakboy

Dec 20, 2010
I understand that ocean winds is inside Vista de Caribe.My question would be does anyone have an opinion about the security in Hideaway beach.Hideaway is located just west of oceanwinds.Only it is closer to the beach. Thanks

DMLVT

Jan 12, 2004
I just returned from Hideaway Beach. I own a villa there. Security is very good. There were a few problems a couple of years ago, but things have been good lately.

PapaGG

May 31, 2010
Speaking to the Vista de Caribe, I stayed there with my family in August, we rented a house for a month off the internet. We found out afterward that we paid way, way to much. Anyway the house was great, I did however get two pairs of board shorts stolen off the drying line. Took me a couple of days to figure what had happened. We were also told by our maid that a man tried to break into the house while we were away for the afternoon and she and my small dog were in the house. He was half way up the gated patio when she saw him and screamed. Security was there pronto and chased the guy away. We still enjoyed our holiday, but I made sure to take my drying clothes in before I left for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.