With Jos? Guti?rrez, radio or TV? Time slot?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I received some quotes from the people at Jose Gutierrez, and they have offers for 'cu?as' (ads recorded by announcer) and 'menciones' (where Jose Gutierrez mentions them in the show) on TV and/or radio. Although TV is more expensive, the show is televised in all DR while radio is only in Santiago.

Two questions:
1) In terms of ratings, which is a better option, TV or radio? Would four 30-sec cu?as/menciones in the radio (2 in the morning & 2 in the afternoon) be more effective than two 30-sec cu?as/menciones on TV?

2) What time slot (radio or TV) has the most viewers? I may be wrong, but being an employee myself, common sense tells me that I'd be listening to the morning TV show on my way to work rather than watching the show on TV at 1pm. How many people have TV at work???

3) Does anyone know how I can get better pricing with this show? Their prices are a little steep, but maybe someone here knows someone that may possibly work at an agency and give me better pricing.

Finally, and this is really a 'personal opinion' type of question, but would you pay more attention to an announcer advertising, or to Jose Gutierrez himself mentioning the ad? Would you look at the logo on the screen, or is voice good enough?

Thanks again for all the help.
Myers

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I follow Jose Gutierrez on the radio and TV but certainly radio shows have a bigger target of public as you can listen on the go.
Even around the world we can tune his shows on smart phones at Josegutierrez.mobil.
The day I don't listen theses shows I get sick.

Right now I'm watching the TV show on CDN TV online.

JJ

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
That's why I'm considering advertising with them. I've been told by several sources that this is a widely-viewed show.

Please let me know if anyone has any other information.

Or if anyone has better pricing for his spots, I would also really appreciate it.

Feb 7, 2007
I don't know the situation in Santiago, but here in the east 12 noon to 2 pm slot is second only to evening prime time. Most of people get home and watch TV while they have lunch and/or take siesta. Local news are super popular in the 12 noon to 2 pm time slot.

Obviously, Santiago being the second biggest city in the DR, I do not know how customary it is for people to go home for lunch at 12 noon.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
I may have missed this in one of your threads - but - for me one of the key issues in making these types of recommendations is the product. What are you selling and who is your market?

What might be best advertised on TV might not be the same as radio and vice versa. The time slots might be very different for different markets.

Is your market typical working people? Housewives? Well educated people? What are your expected demographics?

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
I take conchos to and from work every day. JG is ALWAYS on the radio on my way home (with the exception of the choferes who opt for Tres Patines). We watch JG in the house after lunch as well, but I'm not sure that's the norm, since there are tons of comedies on at the same time.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks again for your replies.

Our site is mainly a free classifieds site, but with the option to 'upgrade' your ad for a fee. Although we initially just want some name recognition as a free site (people know who we are) we also want to target those that would consider upgrading.

I haven't made a decision yet, but I'm inclined on going with Jose Gutierrez radio in the morning. I've been told that with a new business, it's better to have something to see (radio doesn't provide that), but I'll be taking a chance. Personally, I don't watch TV in the afternoons, and much less a variety show. But I know for a fact that I listen to the radio news, I just don't recall if I paid attention to the ads.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
But I know for a fact that I listen to the radio news, I just don't recall if I paid attention to the ads.

90.5 in Santiago plays Los Tres Patines and also oldies music that I like(cuban bolero, etc) and I can tell you their three main sponsors for listening to them for so long; Pinturas Toucan, Ferreteria Lopez and Farmacia San Luis.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
90.5 in Santiago plays Los Tres Patines and also oldies music that I like(cuban bolero, etc) and I can tell you their three main sponsors for listening to them for so long; Pinturas Toucan, Ferreteria Lopez and Farmacia San Luis.
Introduccion:
Audiencia publica, el tremendo juez de la tremenda corte va a resolver un tremendo caso....
Buenas noches secretario...
Buenas noches senor juez, y digame como de siente de salud hoy?.....
Llame los complicados en este caso:

1-Jose Candelario trespatines !!!! A la rejaaaa....
2-Rudecindo Caldeiro y Escobinas!!!! precenteee...
3-Luz maria nananita!!!! aqui como todos los dias....

Man, I won't forget this never in my life as I listened to theses people every single day of my life for many years.

JJ