Recommend a hotel.

H

Hugh

Dear Reader,
I am currently constructing a website, recommending Holiday Hotels, aimed at the British Holiday Maker.
I currently require recommendations from those of you who have stayed in the Dominican Republic / Caribbean and would like to recommend their favourite Holiday Hotel.
The emphasis being on that the Hotels / accommodation etc. would "come recommended" rather than advertised.
The rule of thumb being..
Would YOU go back??,
Would you recommend it to your friends / mum???
If you would be happy to oblige, I would require a brief but detailed account of why you felt the accommodation was so good,
and if possible, could you scan / e-mail a couple of photo's to me that I could use on the site???
I would really appreciate a true account from someone who knows travelling, and what is value / quality, and what is not.
Please look up my site at..

http://freespace.virgin.net/go.hotels/index.htm

It is early days yet, but hopefully it will grow.
Many thanks,
Hugh.

R

Ronald McIntosh

Barcelo Bavaro Palace, one of the best hotels in the Dominican Republic. Not to mention a bargain at the price.

R

Richard

Hotel Tropixx in Sosua has been my recommendation for many years. All things being considered, price, location, staff, facilities, comparisons to other samall hotels I have stayed at be it for pleasure or business throughout the West Indies, I wouldn't hesitate to suggest Tropix You can check out the web site for photos and more information.

P

Phyllis

Check out Debbie's website: www.debbiesdominicantravel.com - she has tons of great info.

B

Bob Morris

My recommendation would be Gran Ventana in Playa Dorada, outside of Puero Plata.

We have been there 4 times and found it relaxing, comfortable, with ample variety of food and drink. The strongest factor in its favour would be, as one of those visiting at same time as we were there in February, the people (staff that is).

When you are greeted at the main entrance with "Welcome home" and receive hugs from various staff members within minutes of arrival, it says a great deal for the people.

We have met number of Brits visiting there each year. There were also many Canadians from eastern Canada, quite a few from the west (which is where we live) as well as Americans, Finns, Swedes, Germans and even a few from South America.

They have a web site at (I believe) victoriahoteles.com.do which has some fine pictures.

I could mention that we are both in our 70's but the hotel caters to all age groups from infants up. We enjoy reading, relaxing, and getting some sun, but there are tours which can be taken by those who care to, nightly entertainment (which generally was aimed at those a little younger that ourselves) and even activities for children.

Trust that this helps.

Bob Morris
204 - 46357 Yale Road East
Chilliwack, British Columbia V2P 2P8
Canada

A

Afro

The Luperon Beach Resort in Luperon (just outside of Puerto Plata) is your best bet. Two friends and I stayed there this February and had a blast! Great service, great food, great location....the best time of my life!