Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default residency medical exam

I applied for my permanent residency a couple of weeks ago. This morning my lawyers office called and said I needed to have my x-rays done over. They could not provide a reason. Does this happen frequently? I don't mind a good excuse to head to the Caribbean but I'm pretty sure I don't have TB.
    I do remember thinking it odd that they only took a face on shot instead of both front and side. Don't remember if they did both at my last exam. Possibly a scam to extract more money from a rich foreigner? (Not the law firm, they are reputable.)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

And you are lucky don't have to make a long line at the DR consulate starting at 5:00 am to be waiting for your turn with a one year old baby girl in your arms like I did the day of my interview, when finally they called me it was passed 4:30 pm.

Tanto que se quejan!!!

JJ

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i do not understand what gets your knickers in the twist there. you have to have an x-ray, full stop.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I did an x-ray. The knickers twisting is about having to make another trip down town. Not to mention the flight to the D.R. and the connecting flight etc. etc.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Many X-rays Taken In The DR Are Of Such Poor

Quality,that they are useless! Can you choose where you get the X-ray taken,or do you have to use "their" service provider.
    If you can choose,go to a well know hospital.If not,check the X-ray yourself. If you can see the "bones" clearly,it is most likely "OK"!
    My dominican mother-in-law returned home with a set of chest X-rays that were un-readable. That didn-t stop her dominican doctor from making a "diagnosis" using the X-rays!!
    Can you take the X-rays in your country.and "Fed-ex" them to your lawyer??
    How much are you being charged for your "Residencia"??
    Cris Colon

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I expect I need to go back to same place behind the immigration building where the first one was taken. Otherwise how do they know the x-ray is really from me? I'm using the Guzman firm. They have flat rate for routine stuff like this. Don't recall what I paid them.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

So back to the original question. Does Immigration often screw up the x-rays on a renewal? (or blood tests, or other paperwork) Or was I just lucky?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We just had ours done last week and it was only a 'face on' one too. We'll let you know if they say ours isn't good enough....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a sound like "click" when they do the x-ray but I don't think there is film in there...
    Never heard of anybody being turned down because of the x-ray!

Don't worry!!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

oh, sorry, i think i did not quite get the fact they want you to come over again to do x-ray. never heard of that happening before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast