residency medical exam

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
I applied for my permanent residency a couple of weeks ago. This morning my lawyers office called and said I needed to have my x-rays done over. They could not provide a reason. Does this happen frequently? I don't mind a good excuse to head to the Caribbean but I'm pretty sure I don't have TB.
I do remember thinking it odd that they only took a face on shot instead of both front and side. Don't remember if they did both at my last exam. Possibly a scam to extract more money from a rich foreigner? (Not the law firm, they are reputable.)

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
And you are lucky don't have to make a long line at the DR consulate starting at 5:00 am to be waiting for your turn with a one year old baby girl in your arms like I did the day of my interview, when finally they called me it was passed 4:30 pm.

Tanto que se quejan!!!

JJ

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i do not understand what gets your knickers in the twist there. you have to have an x-ray, full stop.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
I did an x-ray. The knickers twisting is about having to make another trip down town. Not to mention the flight to the D.R. and the connecting flight etc. etc.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Many X-rays Taken In The DR Are Of Such Poor

Quality,that they are useless! Can you choose where you get the X-ray taken,or do you have to use "their" service provider.
If you can choose,go to a well know hospital.If not,check the X-ray yourself. If you can see the "bones" clearly,it is most likely "OK"!
My dominican mother-in-law returned home with a set of chest X-rays that were un-readable. That didn-t stop her dominican doctor from making a "diagnosis" using the X-rays!!
Can you take the X-rays in your country.and "Fed-ex" them to your lawyer??
How much are you being charged for your "Residencia"??
Cris Colon

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
I expect I need to go back to same place behind the immigration building where the first one was taken. Otherwise how do they know the x-ray is really from me? I'm using the Guzman firm. They have flat rate for routine stuff like this. Don't recall what I paid them.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
So back to the original question. Does Immigration often screw up the x-rays on a renewal? (or blood tests, or other paperwork) Or was I just lucky?

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
We just had ours done last week and it was only a 'face on' one too. We'll let you know if they say ours isn't good enough....

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
There is a sound like "click" when they do the x-ray but I don't think there is film in there...
Never heard of anybody being turned down because of the x-ray!

Don't worry!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
oh, sorry, i think i did not quite get the fact they want you to come over again to do x-ray. never heard of that happening before. :(

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
So back to the original question. Does Immigration often screw up the x-rays on a renewal? (or blood tests, or other paperwork) Or was I just lucky?

Absolutely, in fact they have been known to lose files and then some poor folk have had to started all over again, because the "samples" ' dates had "expired". If you are out of the DR, why dont you apply in your home country,probably more quicker and more efficient. They are very overworked in the DR and very very understaffed.

The queues are horrendous here now every day, even when you are accompanied by a lawyer. They have many armed cops in every department there now. Have never seen that before. I was very surprised when I went to renew my residency the other day. There wasn't even standing room only. The staff said it was like that every day now. The Docs only work until 12md too.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
It is actually less hassle for me to come to Santo Domingo than go to a consulate in the U.S. and I could surely use some sun. Naturally I am concerned that something showed up on the x-ray but all my friends assure me that the retake is due to some screw-up. I still have had no luck tracking down an explination. I'll post an update if I ever get one.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
It is actually less hassle for me to come to Santo Domingo than go to a consulate in the U.S. and I could surely use some sun. Naturally I am concerned that something showed up on the x-ray but all my friends assure me that the retake is due to some screw-up. I still have had no luck tracking down an explination. I'll post an update if I ever get one.

don't worry about something "Bad" showing up on your x-ray.
in such case you would not have heard anything from them for a long while and then the message would have simply been "Denied".

sounds like they simply messed it up,
and Your Health status doesn't get effected by that, lol.

Mike

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
update

Finally got to talk with the lawyer doing my residency instead of the front desk girl. She said all of the x-rays taken on the day I did mine had to be redone. Oddly, the fellow applicant that went through the process with me did not have to have his redone. Maybe some kind of difference between going for a first temporary vs going for the permanent?? Anyway, this time arround I waited to be sure the film came out ok. The tech and the secretary and my lawyer and I all aggreed that I had a healthy looking pair of lungs so now we will see what happens next. (and how soon)

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
update follow up

I was told that redoing x-rays was not an uncommon occurance and had nothing to do with your health. Also they only do frontal x-rays. No side views.