The Road to Costambar

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Mar 17, 2010
Hi there , I will be traveling to Puerto Plata next month and staying in Costambar. I just wanted to know if they finally paved the road that leads from the main road to the " security gate " . Im sorry if this is a stupid question and also if this question as been already brought up.

Thanx in advance

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Thank god cause I almost pist myself when I tried to go see DV8 and didnt go potty before hand !

anthony

Mar 17, 2010
Its hard driving that road at 3:00am with all the bumps, lol . Im glad its all fixed .

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it is in perfect condition now and i expect la barbie to come over now with no bumps on her head and wet stain on her pants.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Thank god cause I almost pist myself when I tried to go see DV8 and didnt go potty before hand !

Ya LOL I've been on some bumpy taxi rides down that road and feel your pain. Too bad they haven't paved the road that runs horizontally in front of the gate along the perimiter of the golf course etc... I have to walk down that road from the house every time I'm on the way to the beach. The pot holes are big enough to swallow up the car after it rains and the road is so muddy...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
that one is supposed to get fixed too, god knows when.
and i hear that ladronorte in connecting costambar to the 24/7 power circuit. i believe it when i see it, apparently fixing all the lines is going to take a long time too....

tammycarmela

Sep 21, 2010
Semi-related question. I plan on taking a guagua from POP airport to Costambar and La Profe 1 gave me a route that includes telling the driver I want "el hospital p?blico" as my first stop (followed by taking a C or F to the entrance of Costambar). What is the actual name of the hospital so I know I am on the right track?

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
El Hospital Ricardo Lim?n is the name of the public hospital in Puerto Plata.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
that one is supposed to get fixed too, god knows when.
and i hear that ladronorte in connecting costambar to the 24/7 power circuit. i believe it when i see it, apparently fixing all the lines is going to take a long time too....

i can't believe how little the power is actually on in that area. Good thing the house i stay in when i go down has backup power and hot water etc... because one time when i was down we stayed at the neighbors pool house and the fridge only worked about 1 hour a day because their generator wasn't hooked up to that outlet it only ran the lights and the plug in the bedroom that the fan was plugged into lol

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
girl, you know nada :)
lately the power has been so bad our inversor could not keep going. i hope it will be fixed. i see ladronorte working in costambar every day, they are even cutting illegal connections, imagine that...

charlie&ziggy

Mar 1, 2009
How has the power situation been in Costambar lately, I have been going there for a few years, some years r better than others as far as power goes. Is anyone currently there now, anything new there?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
read my post above. it it worse than it has ever been. we have blackouts every day, sometimes as much as 12-16 hours withour power (not in one go). tragic.

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
Thats because they are changing cables and transformers, also check all apartment buildings and everybody has to sign some documents, change of meters, they are also revising which electrical equipment you have at the house or apartment. Things are looking very promising and finally people have to pay their bills.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I guess you have to start somewhere, getting rid of the relatively few deadbeats in a largely expat community like Costambar will be a piece of cake compared with just about any Dominican barrio. With the road repaired and dependable power, it's someplace I would definately consider living.

Status
Not open for further replies.