Bommarito In Jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Just learned from my cleaning lady that the local TV stations are reporting that John Bommarito was arrested and is in the Santiago jail.

Anyone have more information on this?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I don't know that "retired" is the right word, but his son Chip is now managing the business. But John still has a house here and spends time here.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Don't they announce this about every 6 months or so? I'm sure someone has posted this in the past Ken.

Reactions: Lucille

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Did they ever catch the percale bandit in El Neptuno, I am not getting a warm & fuzzy feeling about this Ken.

Reactions: mike l

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Don't they announce this about every 6 months or so? I'm sure someone has posted this in the past Ken.

Probably, seem to remember a previous arrest. Be interesting to see what the outcome is this time.

There appears to be a desire to get something on him that will stick.

waverider

Sep 4, 2010
Story

What was the story or the dirt on him? If u r uncomfortable with a public message please reply via private message,, just want to know if I will be reading info as I checkout at the super market where the trash newspapers r :ermm:

May 29, 2006
What was the story or the dirt on him? If u r uncomfortable with a public message please reply via private message,, just want to know if I will be reading info as I checkout at the super market where the trash newspapers r :ermm:

He was a well-known real estate guy in Sosua for many years with a less than stellar reputation for how he did business. I've yet to hear anything bad about his son, Chip, who as far as I know is still in Sosua, also in real estate.

Here is one of the threads discussing some of his dealings:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/2000-archive/8533-remax-sosua-bommarrito-2.html

I believe one of his developments was the pedestrian area where Checkpoint is in Sosua, but he had many other projects.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I believe the issue is about the Terramar Real Estate development and a dispute with the original partner about how he was bought out of the partnership, many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.