WARNING Huelga in all Espaillat

Elmachosantiaguero

Mar 8, 2008
Hello
Warning: Espaillat (JAmao-Moca-San Victor-Licey) had a huelga (Violent dominican general strike) going on from 6am 2.february for 24 hours, we drove there yesterday and there was shooting, burning tires and garbage, trees and big rocks blocking the road, besides of angry people with arms in the streets.
I dont know if they cleaned up the streets today, is there anyone who knows more or drove there today??
links:
Dos heridos en huelga en Moca, el paro es un ?xito
YouTube - FALPO llama a huelga en Moca.m4v

Anyone who knows a internet site where you can find news about upcoming huelgas? If you ever been in one you will never want to be in one again.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
When will Dominicans learn to use better tactics to strike.
ugggg all they do is scare and anger civilians and politicians arent moved by this sort of stuff.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Sounds like,"ELMACHOSANTIAGUERO" Made A PEEPEE

In his pants!
"Huelga".."Smuelga" this is the DR."Hombre-Up"
"People in the streets with arms!"
Any with "Legs"?:cheeky:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Quite true. Huegas are generally well announced on the radio and by the talking heads. they can be quite violent. The idiots think that the rest of the world has to do what they want.

Unfortunately, FALPO is well funded and growing stronger each day. They call for strikes and ensure that they are successful. And they have good reasons what with fuel prices, food prices and electricity rates all going up up up with a government that gives us little in return.

HB

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Quite true. Huegas are generally well announced on the radio and by the talking heads. they can be quite violent. The idiots think that the rest of the world has to do what they want.

Unfortunately, FALPO is well funded and growing stronger each day. They call for strikes and ensure that they are successful. And they have good reasons what with fuel prices, food prices and electricity rates all going up up up with a government that gives us little in return.

HB

Fuel prices, food prices, and electricity is going up everywhere in the world, even in countries like Canada that have surpluses.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I am joking of course but I kind of wish we would have a few Huegas in the US sometimes. Something has got to change to give the working man a chance to take care of the family here and in the DR.
While living in the DR I passed by a few of them and it was very intimidating to say the least.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
They are as self destructive as the Haitians who burned the truckloads of chickens in Dajab?n. I understand the frustration but there are other ways of making your point.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
That's why I said I was joking. I don't think they solve the issues. I do like the way the 4% for education issue was handled.
I don't have answers only frustration at this point.