German man found stabbed to death in POP airport

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
The body of a German who had died from several stab wounds, including one to the heart, was found Wednesday afternoon behind the counter of the Dutch airline Martinair in the Luperon International Airport.
The decomposed body of Erich Zipfel Deutch, 46, was found in a small room after airline personnel noticed the smell they thought that was a rat or another dead animal and began a search and were surprised to find Deutch with blood-stained clothes from several stab wounds from a long sharp knife still plunged in his heart. Sos?a coroner Freddy Salazar examined the foreigner’s body, which was later taken to the Regional Forensics Office in Santiago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Opps.. here. DR1 News

Strange death in Puerto Plata airport
A German citizen, Erich Zipfel, was found stabbed in the chest in an open room in an area undergoing remodeling at the Gregorio Luperon International Airport. The Aerodom authorities and the National Police are working in close coordination to solve the reasons behind this apparent murder. According to El Nuevo Diario and other newspapers, Zipfel had entered the country on 8 January and had a reservation to leave on 6 March. However, he turned up at the airport seeking to leave on 28 January but did not have the money to pay for the change in flights. As the newspapers went to press, it had not been established why he wanted to leave early or why he did not have any money, when he had planned a two- month stay in the first place.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
and the fact that somebody came to dead such way there shows that there is for sure NO
Vigilanicia del area 24/7
otherwise all those watchies should be in prison for the case I guess.
the Cadaver been decomposting,
so he had been there for a while,
without beeing detected,
without anybody of the 24/7 Airport Vigilancia notized the deadly Fight.

applauso a la buena Vigilancia del Aeropuerto.

'pa 'lante que vamos

Mike

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Maybe the fight took place off airport property and was later 'dumped' there?

It's possible, considering that the checking counter area are literally wide open.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Maybe the fight took place off airport property and was later 'dumped' there?

It's possible, considering that the checking counter area are literally wide open.

oooohhh,
sorry,
I didn't consider such scenario, absolutely right.
In such Case of course the 24/7 Airport Vigilance would not have had a chance to realize that somebody sneaks in with a Dead Person, Knife in the Heart, bleeding all over and dumping that behind a Airline Counter in a way that the body doesn't get found before they smell the 'bad air' from a completely gone Dead after a long time.

makes completely different sense

Mike

Reactions: rubio_higuey

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
oooohhh,
sorry,
I didn't consider such scenario, absolutely right.
In such Case of course the 24/7 Airport Vigilance would not have had a chance to realize that somebody sneaks in with a Dead Person, Knife in the Heart, bleeding all over and dumping that behind a Airline Counter in a way that the body doesn't get found before they smell the 'bad air' from a completely gone Dead after a long time.

makes completely different sense

Mike

Makes sense to me. "Not really" :) Only in thr DR.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The very strange thing is why he was without funds? He had planned on a two-month stay. After three weeks he wanted to leave. He had no money with which to pay the change in flight. That means no plastic either.

Something happened to the guy, and I wonder what? The possible scenarios in that area are plentiful and just as confusing...

As the Fisher pointed out, the crime obviously occurred on the scene. Possibly he offered some homosexual services for money and was killed by his client? He asked someone for money and was killed in a rage? He was trying to run out on a debt, say, from the gamblers that took all of his money? He offended someone? The possibilites seem to be endless....and we could play with this all day.

Needless to say, I sort of feel for the guy, but this is a very atypical case.

HB

andy_089

Mar 23, 2003
Hallan cuerpo de alem?n asesinado; polic?a indaga

Se supo que el hombre, el 27 de enero hab?a presentado denuncia por robo y asalto en el destacamento de la Polic?a Nacional en Sos?a, contra un ciudadano tambi?n de nacionalidad alemana solo identificado como Augusto propietario de un apartamento en el sector Los Charamicos.

La denuncia se debi? a la victima estuvo hospedado en el citado apartamento, pero que su propietario junto a dos hombres dominicanos armados, habr?an penetrado a su habitaci?n de donde sustrajeron un bulto con pertenencias del extranjero.

Tras perder su vuelo, se mantuvo en las ?reas del aeropuerto varios d?as con posibles dificultades, por lo que sorprendi? que su cuerpo fuera encontrado en estado de descomposici?n, con pantal?n corto, una cartera en la cintura y dos peque?as heridas cerca a la producida por el arma blanca que aun tenia introducida.

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
This guy was working in a bar at the beach just right of Siempre Sol.
The police came Thursday to take pictures of the bar and took notes then left.
It was a big surprise at the beach for everybody. I asked a politur if he did know something about the reason of this murder, he only told me "money problem", whatever, could be we will never know for sure.

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
This guy was working in a bar at the beach just right of Siempre Sol.
The police came Thursday to take pictures of the bar and took notes then left.
It was a big surprise at the beach for everybody. I asked a politur if he did know something about the reason of this murder, he only told me "money problem", whatever, could be we will never know for sure.

This is all very sad especially coming on the heels of the canadian young man that was beaten and killed in punta cana

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yes,
but the Dead Canadian in PC is an Incident which happened IN a AI Resort and the Assaultants been drunk Fellow Countrymen in their Bloodrage.
they hopefully get 30 Years Each for the Murder.

both stories very Sad, but both are Part of this Globe's Life.

Mike

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
thank's for the update, mike. it had me a little concerned, since I'll be spending more and more time in P.C. in the near future, (when condo is completed). I had heard that there is very little crime against tourists or other gringos in P.C., (other than maybe small crimes of opportunity such as petty theft, etc.), so a murder caught my attention. Sad to hear it happened, but glad it was done by other tourists and not locals.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I don't know the Airport where it happened nor do I know about it's Security.

here in PC the Check In Counters are open to the Parling Lane, but the whole Area is also guarded 24/7, specially after working hours nobody could go in and out there without beeing stopped by the Security.

We may find out soon what the Investigations bring out into the light.

in the Bavaro Case there been yesterday 4 Canadians in Custody and the Police has a large Number of witnesses, looks easy to proof what happened, I just hope they do not get Lucky to get deported or such, they did a horrible Crime Here, they should stay Here.

Mike

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
Hmm, I think that is better to send them to Canada, as here they could end up in All Inclusive Victoria jail, have nice life there and come out in two years or so.

not a chance...if they go to canada they will be out in 2 yrs and all will be forgotten...i say let them have real domninican justice...

4 grown men beating on 1 19yr old kid....real bad boys....hope they get the worst that can possibly happen...1 on 1 fair fight....accidents happen
4 on 1....and much older...nothing fair about that...:(

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
No Way they should be send back home to Canada to enjoy for a short time a comfo Cell together.
Victoria is the Call,
real Local Food, Yummy,
and it is NOT All Inclusive, they pay big Bucks to get fouly food and dirty drinking water or they do not even get that, simple Rules in Our Local Prisons, They will be a Group of sweet white Chicas, fresh Meat ...

as a Wise Man said:
No More T-Bones for You,
and No more Margaritas on a sunny white Beach.

Mike

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
an old saying

they'll walk in as little a-holes...but walk out big man-holes

as for that poor german fellow...the whole siruation is very weird....
has to be someone from the airport...maybe he got into an arguement with security and it escalated....can't imagine someone draggin a body to the airport then dumping it inside where thousands of people roam everday

DR2001

Jan 2, 2011
I hope they never set foot in Canada again. From their drunken stupidity they have changed the course of so many people's lives, their own, their families, the parents of the young man, the woman who was victimized and the young man who had the guts to stand up for what he believed in.