Family vacation in DR?

Cstuart

Feb 4, 2011
Hey there, I've found this site/blog to be a great resource for the DR. I am considering a vacation to the DR with my family (two parents, 7 year old, 5 year old, and 1 year old). We are flying in from NYC and wanted to know the best area for a family vacation. We were thinking of the north east coast (La Samana) But since we have never been the before, I thought I would put it out to the users here? Can anyone recommend a good region and hotel? Thank you!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Samana Peninsula

Hi:

I live in Las Terrenas on the Samana Peninsula. Las Terrenas would be your best choice to go to. It has the best beaches for swimming, for both adult & children. You have a wide range of accommodations and restaurants available. It is a unique area to the DR having about 5000 French residents, also Italian, German, Swiss, Dutch, Canadian and some Americans in addition to Dominicans and Haitians. The cuisine is varied, from French, Italian to Dominican food, including great seafood. Hotels run from approx. $400.00 a night at Balcones del Atlantico down to $60.00 a night. Check out Noticias - Las Terrenas Live ! - Actualidades, V?deos e Informaciones de Las Terrenas en Rep?blica Dominicana. and www.semana penninsula.com. Also Hotel Colibri on Playa Las Ballenas is very popular and at a reasonable rate a very good choice.

S

S