American Airlines voted one of the most Admired Carriers for the DR

domilinguist

Feb 22, 2008
Are they completely mad?! American Airlines voted one of the most admired carriers for the DR? This is why I never believe any kind of awards in this place...they are always rigged or paid for.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/to...American-Airlines-among-most-admired-carriers

For the amount you have to pay, AA is outrageous on all levels. Crap service, rude staff and regularly delayed. I would much prefer to fly with cheaper, budget airlines that this load of rubbish.

What do other readers think?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I travel to the DR using West Jet, or American Airlines usually, sometime Air Canada. I have never encountered rudeness from any AA employees at all. AA has lost or delayed my luggage several times but in the end all has been well.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i always use AA. i'm always thinking of the big picture (let me get to the DR in one piece!) i don't sweat the small stuff......

May 12, 2005
JetBlue is where it is at for me. I have already gotten a few free flights from their True Blue program. Although I do miss the EWR-STI flight from Continental.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
AA has been going DOWNHILL for a while now....they just don't seem to care anymore, especially on any plane going into the DR....I avoid them whenever I can. Jet Blue all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
interesting, I'm shopping for flights now but being a humble american I shop the cheapest and hope for the best. lol But the red eye does have some new appeal. lol

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I have flown AA to SDQ, STI, and POP more times than I can count. Other than their price-gauging, I think they do a decent job. They've never lost my luggage and I can't remember more than one or two major delays...

...but giving them an award as the best carrier to the DR is kind of like saying they are the "Best of the Worst"...it seems all US carriers treat the DR as a Third World Country...oh wait........

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
JetBlue all the way!!!!!!!!

I travel with my 2 toddlers and last time I flew into POP, to my surprise, they had an hostess waiting for me when I exited the plane, she helped me with everything (luggages, stroller, tourist card, customs,...). I was out of the airport in about 15 minutes.
Plus, they sometimes have sales of their points for TrueBlue members and I had paid 200 USD for my flight.

Love JetBlue, I flew many times to PR with them too and never had any problems.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Who did they ask? AA Executives? JetBlue is hands down the leader in that market. AA is despised as they think of Dominicans passengers as cattle and treat them accordingly. AA can kiss my a**.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I have flown AA to SDQ, STI, and POP more times than I can count. Other than their price-gauging, I think they do a decent job. They've never lost my luggage and I can't remember more than one or two major delays...

...but giving them an award as the best carrier to the DR is kind of like saying they are the "Best of the Worst"...it seems all US carriers treat the DR as a Third World Country...oh wait........

What's your point?? Dominican passengers are paying full market priced fare on AA, so because DR is not a 1st world potency we should accept be treated as cattle?

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
AA used to have everything locked up. Thing are a little dif. now, but the airport taxes kill all airline. I hope but dought this will change. If tors. continue to go down, maybe it will change. Only an hope.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
AA stinks.

I flew in a 737 from SD and I think the pilots deliberately go through the clouds to create turbulence. I've flown countless times to DR, and every time without fail, I feel like I'm going to die. Also, their check-in counters (at least in SD) full of arrogant SOBs are a mess.

And one last thing worth mentioning, which I found rather funny: In my last flight from DR (this past Sunday) they didn't have one single Spanish-speaking flight attendant, and the flight was packed. The woman next to me (who didn't speak English) asked a flight attendant for help with customs papers since she was Dominican and her son Puerto Rican. You can imagine how that conversation went...

Last but not least, some travel sites (Expedia, for example) aren't showing AA flights anymore.

I'm actually considering flying via PAWA Airlines.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "AWARD",Was "Bought And Paid For",by AA

They are a big ad buyer in the same magazine that gave them the, so called, AWARD!!!
In the DR, you REALLY,"Get-What-You-PAY FOR"!!!!!!!

"What A Country!!!!!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

eastcoastmike

Jul 18, 2004
I can tell you that the service is only going to get worse. AA executives ,in 2003 I believe,cried poverty and threatened bankrupcy.AA employees took huge pay cuts.No sooner did these AA top executives get their concessions they awarded themselves with millions in bonuses!And they do it every April!!!Workers at AA have been without a contract for 3 years now.Let me repeat myself.Its only going to get worse!!!

The only thing more disgraceful are the BP executives who awarded millions to themselves last month for safety performance !!!SAFETY PERFORMANCE???Dolphins are washing up dead in The Gulf of Mexico.I kid you not.Reasearch it for yourselves.There are no words.