real estate in Punta Cana/ Bavaro hot

tequila

Oct 24, 2008
Just returned from holidays and it looks like the real estate market in PC and Bavaro is jumping. Lots of Canadians( and some Americans) buying due to high dollar and good prices.New projects going. Glad we bought in this central area, just need the side roads paved and more lighting. Happy to share and thoughts about the area .

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Hi Tequila... hope you enjoyed your dose of D.R. sunshine to tide you over the winter! Our condo is getting closer to completion, (hopefully soon! haha), and we're looking forward to when it's finished. Have to say, even though our winters aren't quite as long or cold as yours... looking outside and seeing snow makes me envious and eager to fly south.

By any chance did you hear any news, (or hot rumors) about what the plans are for the Carabella resort property???? My curiosity has been piqued since they closed it.

tequila

Oct 24, 2008
Hi Tequila... hope you enjoyed your dose of D.R. sunshine to tide you over the winter! Our condo is getting closer to completion, (hopefully soon! haha), and we're looking forward to when it's finished. Have to say, even though our winters aren't quite as long or cold as yours... looking outside and seeing snow makes me envious and eager to fly south.

By any chance did you hear any news, (or hot rumors) about what the plans are for the Carabella resort property???? My curiosity has been piqued since they closed it.

We had heard in June 2010 that the Carabela was sold, and that it was to be shut down for renovations ( all suites hotel) It has reopened with little or no changes, maybe to take advantage of the high tourist season. In my opinion the hotel needs a big renovation.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Tequila... I had heard the same thing in May, (had actually tried to book rooms there at the time).

Milo: Thanks for the nautical language lesson. I hadn't looked up the meaning of the name, and since I'm a fan of historic naval knowledge, your information was interesting. As for my questions and comments to Tequila, I didn't mean to "spread information" that Carabela, (one "L") is closed, but I'll say for a fact that it WAS closed. I walked through the property in August and it was obviously closed then. As for renovations, and/or reopening I didn't know about that, thus my questions about what was going on with it.

My request for information, (either hard facts OR "rumored") was simply to gauge what MIGHT be expected there, since I've recently invested in a condo in the neighborhood and was simply curious as to what was going on with my new "neighbors".

Michal 55

Jul 21, 2011
When in new area new project is start in this real estate industry developed and progress. In this area new development start and people show interest and started to purchase the land build new home , form etc.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
When in new area new project is start in this real estate industry developed and progress. In this area new development start and people show interest and started to purchase the land build new home , form etc.

Well, thank you very much for your easy to understand and most helpful tips in ALL THESE old REAL ESTATE threads...
;)