Which way does the weather for PP come from

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubba

Dec 15, 2003
I see that the extended forecast starting Sat. is for 60% rain.
Which way does the weather come from?
Where I live it almost always comes from the west.

Trying to see the patterns to see if it close to being correct.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
We have just had 3 weeks with 2 five or ten minute showers. the weather calls for rain almost everyday. And it is almost always wrong.

In Puerto Plata our weather tends to come from the east / north east. Stop reading the forecast on the internet. Just come down and enjoy yourself.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Wouldn't surprise me if we get rain as we are overdue. Been about 6 weeks since we have had any rain.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no rain this year yet. not a proper one, that is. if it is going to rain the forecast says thunderstorms and 80-90% chance for rain. if it says 60% it means it will rain a bit at night and you will never even know :)
the weather direction is a bit more complicated, i think. it comes like hurricanes, from the north-east but the mountains in the middle of the island mess up a bit....

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Since living here on the North coast I haven't yet discovered a reliable pattern for any sort of prediction by observation.
There appear to be too many factors to take into account and not enough visible cloud formation to make a detailed prognosis just by observation. It would seem that on many occasions I noticed movement from the NW over the sea until landfall then Westerly along the coast but certainly not predominately.

The best weather site I've found so far is

Intellicast - Local and National Weather Forecast, Radar, Maps and Severe Report

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
I see that the extended forecast starting Sat. is for 60% rain.
I think that means there is a 60% chance of some (= any) rain, not that it will rain for 60% of the time.

I endorse what others have posted. During the past month most weather forecasts have suggested anything from 20% to 70% chance of rain every day, but in fact we have have no more than half-dozen (usually brief) showers (usually late afternoon) plus a bit more rain during the night. Just enough to lay the dust and keep everything green.

Status
Not open for further replies.