Establishing Electricity Account with CEPM

sharkstooth777

Jan 22, 2011
Can anyone please tell me the procedures for establishing an electricity account with CEPM, and is there anyway I can do this from the US by fax or scanned/signed documentation thru email? I could wire any necessary funds to an account if they offer the service. I just found out today that CPEM has started to require owners to establish their own accounts, and I am arriving next week. I sense I may be in the dark for who knows how long if I do not get this issue resolved before arrival. Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided Don

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
it's my understanding that you have to purchase the electric meter yourself. I don't know about installation. It's not just a matter of turning on the "juice". You might get better response on this question either in the "living" forum or maybe the "real estate" forum.

tequila

Oct 24, 2008
Can anyone please tell me the procedures for establishing an electricity account with CEPM, and is there anyway I can do this from the US by fax or scanned/signed documentation thru email? I could wire any necessary funds to an account if they offer the service. I just found out today that CPEM has started to require owners to establish their own accounts, and I am arriving next week. I sense I may be in the dark for who knows how long if I do not get this issue resolved before arrival. Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided Don

We had to purchase the meter ( about 500.00 usd).from CEPM.The meter will then be installed or assigned to your unit. You must have your passport, and revelant documents that you own that property ( sales contract or title) etc.. . We opened a peso and USD account at Banco Popular in Plaza Bavaro. The CEPM bills are taken out of the Peso account directly every month, and the bill is usually under the door.

sharkstooth777

Jan 22, 2011
Thanks to Everyone

Thanks to everyone who provided info on establishing electricity service. I have one additional question regarding cell phone service. I travel overseas extensively with a couple of unlocked phones and usually buy local sim chips for cell service.

On my last trip to the DR, I purchased a Claro sim and refilled it a couple of times during my stay of about a month. Can't remember how much I spent on refills, but I did not make a lot of phone calls.

One of the friends I met who lives in Cortisito full time told me that it may be better to get a service plan with Verizon if I planned on staying there more frequently. I checked Verizon online and their rates on the international (not roaming) for the DR was 1.99 USD a month....which is not acceptable for me.

Does anyone know what the rates for the different local companies are for the pay as you go minutes or a service plan. Many thanks again in advance for any assistance which anyone can provide Don

sharkstooth777

Jan 22, 2011
Phone Service

Hey Sorry everyone. I'm doing 3 or 4 things at once and made an error on that last post. It should read 1.99 USD a minute. I wish it was 1.99 USD a month. Apologies for the error. This posting is relatively new to me. Thanks Don