Immigrant

Amare

Feb 8, 2011
Hello. I'm new to this site, but not new to the Dominican Republic. I been going there 3 times a year for the last 3 years and spent a summer in San Francisco. I'm fairly familiar with the lifestyle. After thinking hard and long about it I decided to move to Santiago. I will be moving in my condo in 2 weeks.
I would like to use this site to network with some expats to familiarize me with Santiago. I do have Dominican friends there, but most of them are married and do not have the time to show me around. I need to know what are the best places to buy food and household goods. I'm not much of a club person, but step in one occasionally. What are some good clubs? Also I need a good internet provider. Not too worried about cable and phone because I use the internet for both. Basic channels will be good enough for me. I'm not worried about transportation either. I prefer to walk when I can and catch a motoconcho when needed.
One more thing. Where do you find the classy women? I struck out twice in the DR. The one I spent the summer with in San Franciso used to be a prostitute in Sosua. Of course I felt dumb after I found that out. I met one from Santiago last June and the same thing. She worked in Sosua.

Reactions: Lucille

Amare

Feb 8, 2011
Also I will not be a leach on the system. I give a way hundreds to the poor people every time I go. With that in mind, whats a respectable charity organization in Santiago?

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
One more thing. Where do you find the classy women? I struck out twice in the DR. The one I spent the summer with in San Franciso used to be a prostitute in Sosua. Of course I felt dumb after I found that out. I met one from Santiago last June and the same thing. She worked in Sosua.
Why did you feel dumb? Judge people on how they behave and how they treat you, not on what job they do, or even less, used to do.

Amare

Feb 8, 2011
I felt dumb because I heard the warnings from others, but I didn't want to believe them. I was aware of the Dominican vs. Haitian thing, so I thought the Haitians were bs ing me.

Amare

Feb 8, 2011
I'm not judging her. She had a good personality, but she led a high risk life too. I know no one will tell you they used to walk the streets, but I was honest about my past and felt she should've been too. By not informing me of her past I was at risk of catching something. Condoms don't protect you from everything. Her brother in law who happened to live 50 miles away from me in the U.S. told me she was a manipulator, but I thought he was jealous because she had it better then his wife who happened to be her sister. I felt dumb because her pretty face made me ignore the people that were looking out for me.

Why did you feel dumb? Judge people on how they behave and how they treat you, not on what job they do, or even less, used to do.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Welcome to Santiago, places to eat will depend where your condo?s at. Nice girls are all over, just stay away from the car wash places, and maybe the barrios too. Once your here and well situated you?ll pick up on things quickly.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
you so lucky. hooker just wants a few dollars/pesos......a good girlfriend will want marriage, then a house, then a few children, and if it doesn't work out you can get a divorce which will cost you more than one hundred hookers. same goes for having an affair, you get caught, then get divorced, it will cost you everything. words of wisdom from an old Hells Angel after he had more life experience than i, " i'd turn queer if it weren't for the reputation."

Reactions: Celt202

Amare

Feb 8, 2011
lol. love the sarcasm. Im already ahead of the game should i ever get divorced. Its 1 women in this world I trust 100% and that's my mom. We already made the agreement that if and when I get married she will open up another bank account in her name and I'll shift the majority of my savings to that account. If I do face a divorce I won't lose everything.

you so lucky. hooker just wants a few dollars/pesos......a good girlfriend will want marriage, then a house, then a few children, and if it doesn't work out you can get a divorce which will cost you more than one hundred hookers. same goes for having an affair, you get caught, then get divorced, it will cost you everything. words of wisdom from an old Hells Angel after he had more life experience than i, " i'd turn queer if it weren't for the reputation."

Amare

Feb 8, 2011
Its in Gurabo

Welcome to Santiago, places to eat will depend where your condo?s at. Nice girls are all over, just stay away from the car wash places, and maybe the barrios too. Once your here and well situated you?ll pick up on things quickly.

Feb 7, 2007
We already made the agreement that if and when I get married she will open up another bank account in her name and I'll shift the majority of my savings to that account. If I do face a divorce I won't lose everything.

You could just open an offshore corporation or trust in Panama, it would cost you less than 1000 bucks and 200 per year to maintain. And you would still have your money with 100% access and 100% assurance against foul play.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

Unless you speak semi-fluent Espani &/or get introduced by an upper class Dom amigo, you will just be a walking ATH... you will be regardless, but at least you have a shot of a non-pro if you learn the language.

Minovia is a "minoputa", but I get 1/2!

cheers,

tio tambo'

Amare

Feb 8, 2011
My Spanish is average. I'm sure in 6 months or so I'll be a lot better. I'm definitely not going to be a walking ATM. I went through that stage a couple of years ago. I'm just going to to enjoy the climate and nature. If the right woman comes around I'll take it slowly.

Unless you speak semi-fluent Espani &/or get introduced by an upper class Dom amigo, you will just be a walking ATH... you will be regardless, but at least you have a shot of a non-pro if you learn the language.

Minovia is a "minoputa", but I get 1/2!

cheers,

tio tambo'

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
don't forget that this is not limited to the DR, what we talking bout here is universal. especially with blondes in the southern US, florida comes to mind. if they have long blonde hair, and a nice tan, they go through yankees like used cars............damn fool from ohio always falls in love with the first tall, tan, blonde, fake boobs, that smiles at him. lived in florida for twenty years, saw more fake boobs than plastic flamingoes.

Amare

Feb 8, 2011
LOL. I know it's universal. I even had Arab women hit on me. I was scared to look back at her though. Didn't want to be the next guy getting his head cut off on Al Jazeera. So even the conservative Muslim ladies want a walking ATM.

don't forget that this is not limited to the DR, what we talking bout here is universal. especially with blondes in the southern US, florida comes to mind. if they have long blonde hair, and a nice tan, they go through yankees like used cars............damn fool from ohio always falls in love with the first tall, tan, blonde, fake boobs, that smiles at him. lived in florida for twenty years, saw more fake boobs than plastic flamingoes.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"SADLY", You Will Be Eaten Alive Here!

If you think that the "Pros" you have met so far want to "TAKE" you,wait until the rest of the Dominicans get a hold of you!
If they imposed "Sharia Law" here nobody would have hands!
Cris Colon
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Amare

Feb 8, 2011
I know others will try to milk me for what they can. Last summer 1 guy at a restaurant asked me to buy his son a car. Another asked to help his kid with college expenses. And I ran into women with ulterior motives too. Sad thing is they don't care if your girl is with you. They'll still try. Like I said before. Women are generally the same in every country I been to. I do not blame them for what they do. If I was in their economic situation I would be chasing foreign women too.

If you think that the "Pros" you have met so far want to "TAKE" you,wait until the rest of the Dominicans get a hold of you!
If they imposed "Sharia Law" here nobody would have hands!
Cris Colon
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC