Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default La Vega or Bonao on Valentines Day

I would like to spend a couple of days this Sunday/Monday in either La Vega or Bonao. What is their to do on those days (The Monday is Valentines). Any good hotel located close to a riverside? Good local disco? I know we are close to Carnaval, anything special happening this Sunday in La Vega? Thanks

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

sunday is carnaval La Vega is best, and Bonao their is nothing to do, unless you are member of the club and you have a pool to use

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

In Bonao there is NOTHING to do. They have a real nice hotel though Aquarius. So if you dont have any lady friends nor any friends it is a hole in the wall place to be, especially on the weekend. It makes Mayberry look like Chicago.

La Vega will have Carnaval on Sunday.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jorge and racerX. Ok, so it looks like La Vega is the place to be. I have read in a previous thread favourably about Hotel Rey in LaVega. Any other good hotels to stay at? Any river close by? Any Restaurants that come recommended? Any places in town I should visit? By the way, I will not be solo I will have company with me. Thanks

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whiddons View Post
    Thanks Jorge and racerX. Ok, so it looks like La Vega is the place to be. I have read in a previous thread favourably about Hotel Rey in LaVega. Any other good hotels to stay at? Any river close by? Any Restaurants that come recommended? Any places in town I should visit? By the way, I will not be solo I will have company with me. Thanks
    Have you considered Jarabacoa?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Across from Hotel Rey is an outdoor steakhouse/Parillada...the food's decent and reasonable and they have have live music. I think the Rey is pretty much the only decent hotel in town. Macao Grill near the park in the center of town has pretty good pizza. There's a place on the main road off the highway that's famous for it's ribs (costillas) but I can't remember the name....if you ask any Vegano they'll tell you though...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Have you considered Jarabacoa?
    Well it was a possibility but I looked at a map and it seemed a little more off the main highway. Figured I would take baby steps and I could explore further on a second trip. Am I right about it being a little less accessible?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whiddons View Post
    Well it was a possibility but I looked at a map and it seemed a little more off the main highway. Figured I would take baby steps and I could explore further on a second trip. Am I right about it being a little less accessible?
    You are correct, it is further off the main highway but a straight easy drive once you exit the highway.

Hotel Gran Jimenoa ///// Oficial WebSite

HOTEL PINAR DORADO - The Hotel Pinar Dorado is just minutes away from downtown Jarabacoa and our Adventure Center Rancho Baiguate. Whether you come to relax or want to spend a romantic time with your spouse or stay over during your Adventure Tours, P

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the photos on Hotel Gran Jimenoa's website looks like a place to spend my weekend. Will have to do a little more research on the old threads about Jarabacoa. Thanks guys, keep the help coming.

Post Thanks / Like

Bonao will also have carnival processions on the Sunday. It's not on the scale of La Vega but that isn't such a bad thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast