I Used To Get Crazy!!!

eastcoastmike

Jul 18, 2004
I used to get good and crazy while waiting in line and someone cuts in front of me and is attended to by a store clerk.There are no words for the rudeness of some (I stress the word SOME,not all) Dominicans not to mention the people who attend to them while witnessing such uncivilised behavior!Where in the world does this behavior come from?

Well I dont get crazy anymore.I simply put down my goods and calmly walk out NEVER to return again.Plaza Lama,you made my list of "Never Shop Here Again" last week.If a store cannot instruct its employees to attend to clients in order then you wont see me there ever again.And that makes me feel good!!!!!

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I used to get good and crazy while waiting in line and someone cuts in front of me and is attended to by a store clerk.There are no words for the rudeness of some (I stress the word SOME,not all) Dominicans not to mention the people who attend to them while witnessing such uncivilised behavior!Where in the world does this behavior come from?

Well I dont get crazy anymore.I simply put down my goods and calmly walk out NEVER to return again.Plaza Lama,you made my list of "Never Shop Here Again" last week.If a store cannot instruct its employees to attend to clients in order then you wont see me there ever again.And that makes me feel good!!!!!
I see more and more cashiers tell these people go get in line. If they don't I do. Problem solved.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I tell them as well. Especially when someone with a cart rolls into the fast checkout or 10 items or less checkout.

I few years ago I had a woman try and steal something that had already been paid for and bagged while I was at the checkout in La Sirena. To cut a long story short, she got caught red handed. As I was collecting my change, I stepped back and crushed crushed her toes. She screamed in pain, I looked back, smiled and walked out.

eastcoastmike

Jul 18, 2004
But again....where does this behavior originate.This behavior is widespread.Do we all agree?Do these characters realize that civilised people do not behave like this?Do they think that they are smart because they saved themselves 15 minutes by cutting in front of the line?Did their parents behave like this?It seems that civilised people yelling at them does not alter their behavior!!

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
I remember the first time I went to an Aguila's game in maybe '93 & I saw the "line" which was really just 100 lower class Dominicans all screaming wildly & waving cash at the cashiers. It looked like a cock fight. My buddy said "What are you doing? We buy from a scalper." Then he told me "Look, in the DR there's no such thing as a "line", it's more like a "blob".

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
But again....where does this behavior originate.This behavior is widespread.Do we all agree?Do these characters realize that civilised people do not behave like this?Do they think that they are smart because they saved themselves 15 minutes by cutting in front of the line?Did their parents behave like this?It seems that civilised people yelling at them does not alter their behavior!!

Look at the way they drive :)

vida

Mar 18, 2010
I am used to it and am pleasantly surprised when someone is polite. I do not get upset because my expectations are low. On the other hand I have all the time in the world and am never in a hurry for anything.

Reactions: Celt202

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A learned behavior just like they drive.

This is a learned behavior. The same one they use while driving. Improper education causes this ignorance.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
This is a learned behavior. The same one they use while driving. Improper education causes this ignorance.

That is exactly the point! Education or the lack of it is causing most of the problems and the bad behavior of "some" Dominicans. Wait a couple of years more, it will get worse!

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Remember, DR is a multicultural country of European descendants, I understand they do the same in Italy.

JJ

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
I've never lived in the DR but planningg to experience it soon and make a decision wheter to retire there , actually the behavior doesn't sound much different than any Walmart in the USA.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I am used to it and am pleasantly surprised when someone is polite. I do not get upset because my expectations are low. On the other hand I have all the time in the world and am never in a hurry for anything.

Splendid statement!

That's life in the tropics!

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Whenever I'm driving or walking, and someone in a car deliberately lets me pass, I jokingly always say that this person must be a foreigner LOL

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I hope I dont starve either! At least someone out there understands!!!

I hope you are complaining both to the attendant and to the manager of the establishment, THEY NEED TO KNOW, so they can make changes, they probably would just get defensive but at least you let them have it.

yanandu

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
What a shame - they serve thier friends and those that need to earn a living in front of idle tourists first!
Just common sense!
Yanandu!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i like to rave so when i get really upset i do a very rude speech in polish. no one understands but i feel a lot better.
in poland i do the same but in spanish :)