Cheap prescription medicines at Promesecal at UASD in Puerto Plata

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
:::...:::: Remedios para Todos..!!!

We were at UASD in Puerto Plata across from the Free Trade Zone today and noticed they had a pharmacy on the campus grounds. It turned out to be a Promesecal office. They don't have a huge number of medicines, but what they do have a very reasonably priced. The link above has the medications they carry.

The UASD campus is actually quite nice.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
they have few more pharmacies in POP including the one in a hospital that has more meds.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
PUCMM in Santiago also has one of these Promese offices. They provide a needed service.

HB

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Do they have Amlodipina Tableta 10 mg RD$ 0,50

they have few more pharmacies in POP including the one in a hospital that has more meds.

Do you know if any of the Promesecals carry this med?

1404 Amlodipina Tableta 10 mg RD$ 0,50

And if you have the locations of the other locations in Puerto Plata, that would be great

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you would have to check availability of amlodipina, this is quite basic medicine...

list of farmacias for POP region:
1. centro universitario regional del atlantico (cura-uasd)
carretera puerto plata-navarrete, urb. cafemba, municipio san felipe, puerto plata
2. clinica de atencion primaria c/ alejo mart?nez, s/n, los charamicos, sosua
3. hospital ricardo limardo, av. manolo tavarez justo, interseccion 27 de febrero y jose eugenio kunhardt, municipio san felipe, puerto plata
4. hospital maternidad monte llano, c/el silencio no.8, monte llano
5. hospital municipal pablo morrobel Jimenez, c/mella no.3, luperon
6. clinica rural llanos de perez, carretera navarrete-puerto plata, imbert
7. hospital municipal de imbert, c/prolongacion sanchez, s/n, municipio de imbert
8. hospital municipal joaquin Mendoza, c/vitelio rancier, no.1, altamira
9. hospital municipal los hidalgos, c/ cristobal colon, no.25, los hidalgos
10. hospital municipal octaviano estrella Madera, c/segundo de los santos, sector rincon caliente en guananico
11. hospital municipal villa isabela c/padre boil, no. 59, villa isabela
12. ingenio Amistad, c/principal, s/n, seccion amistad, imbert

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A small fraction of what you would pay in the US

good - there are not US rip-off prices in the DR!
Yanandu.

Thank you DV8 for the list of locations.

Correct. If a medicine you need is on the list the price is VERY reasonable.
A small fraction of what you would pay in the US.

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
There is also another one by the STD clinic and the fire station in POP but the one at the hospital has the best variety

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
wow what a difference between what I would pay here and what I pay down the street!!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i hear the quality of those meds is as low as the price :)
but i have never tried any myslef so far. i keep on forgetting there is one of those cheap pharmacies close to where i live...
i can tell tell you, however, that the labs making cheap medicine are exactly the same as those that sell in pharmacies at a lot higher price. the actual profit margin on medicine is not that big so who the heck makes money on this? and i do not believe that a large dominican lab will sell at no profit...