Car Hire at Punta Cana Airport

sillyjilly

Feb 27, 2011
We booked with IBK last year 45 $ . Did not get a reply from IBK this year. Tried 3 times.

So.......

This year we are with

Conexion Tour & Travel
Conexion Tour & Travel
cel: 809 772 7660
fax: 809 552 1523

45$ US for 5 people

The rate depends on where your resort is located.

We have used both of these in the past. With IBK you prepay & they will have cold beer @ 3$ each

with Conexion you pay the driver when he drops you off @ the resort & no cold beer but you can get one @ the airport. : )

Happy Travels!

Enrike

Jan 31, 2010
Try with bomana tour

contact 849-648-0141 they make good transfer services and good prices

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
car rental punta cana

There are no permanent car rental booths or offices at Punta Cana airport and no rental cars parked onsite. Avis, Budget and National share a desk which is located near the metal shutter/gate once you?ve passed customs ? just before the area with all the tour reps, taxi and transfer company booths.

However, the car rental desk is not permanently staffed as they do not sell from there. A representative will only be there when awaiting pre booked customers. In case no rep is present, there is a sign with a phone number that you can call. A rep should be with you within 20 Dominican minutes.

Best prices are found online - Avis, Budget, National etc.
If you don?t pre book, then before you fly make sure you note the rental companies local opening hours.

Gemcee

Dec 30, 2009
I'd go with Alamo..full insurance good price. Just rented one for a month from Bavarro and was able to return it at the PC airport on the day of my flight. If you book it online through Expedia it will be waiting for you. And yes..there is no permanent staff and things took us a little longer than we would have liked..but no issues.

mudmommy

Oct 14, 2010
My Fiance works with American International Rent a Car in Plaza de Sol in Bavaro and i know they will be at the airport waiting for you if you reserve with them,, no matter the time, and they will take you to their office and do the paper work, it gets you out of the airport faster and a more relaxing inviroment for doing the paper work. Their number and addres is,,
BAVARO / PUNTA CANA
CARRETERA BERON-BAVARO KM3, PLAZA SOL BAVARO
BAVARO / PUNTA CANA,
(809) 466 1059
website is aintrac.com ask for Johan aka Junior!!

Mudmommy

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
NEW car rental offices at Punta Cana airport

There is now a car rental office in Punta Cana airport - next to Jet Bar, behind the Taxi booth in the outer arrivals hall - big green "car rental" sign above.

Inside you'll find booths for:
Avis, Budget & Europcar (staffed 9am to 9pm)
Alamo, Thrifty (staffed 9am to 5pm)

The best prices are found online, booking at the airport will cost considerably more. Cars are still not kept at the airport so if you last minute book you'll have to wait for the car to be delivered.