Old unfused merengues

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ggv7UDuA6E0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As a musician, I just have to say this about merengues. Can't they find a way to play a third chord? . Especially "guitar only" merengues like those done by Antony Santos.

I do realize, of course, that the style of merengue is that it uses only two chords that repeat over and over and over and over, for what seems like forever, during the song. It is maddening for me to listen to it

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
In the evenings here in Santiago on 90.5 they have an oldies program with music from the era and also boleros. It's great; easy to understand a lot of the words and relaxing.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
In the evenings here in Santiago on 90.5 they have an oldies program with music from the era and also boleros. It's great; easy to understand a lot of the words and relaxing.

Who are your favorite dominican boleristas?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That first one was written by our uncle, the maestro, Luis Alberti....a musical genius and great fellow...Le?a...also Compadre Pedro Juan, Sancocho Prieto, and many more including "Luna Sobre el Jaragua" one of the anthems of Santo Domingo...

The Jaragua was, back inthe day, where Santo Domingo's elite would dance and the Santa Cecilia Orchestra would play.

HB

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
this merengue would had been banned now............que e jeso, le?a que yo te doy, le?a que tu me das, le?a de madruga........etc....frecos!!!? ohh es "ella" que dice? lol

windeguy this is a very simple merengue, true.......but things have changed since, or do they all sound the same to you still, even from Pe?a Suazo, los Rosario, etc etc?

Last edited:

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
how about some cuco valoy

hillbilly
can we here some music from "el brujo": "no me empuje" is al that i can say
you would understand why i said that after 50 years
dajabon dave rpcv

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
this merengue would had been banned now............que e jeso, le?a que yo te doy, le?a que tu me das, le?a de madruga........etc....frecos!!!? ohh es "ella" que dice? lol

That is nothing when you compare it to the 0.23 to 0.43 section . You can really take the words for something else, specially, los mal pensados.

Talking about lyrics with doble sentidos, check this one out.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nK1sWOkhzZY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>