Did you guys see this article today?

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
SD. Last year Marjorie Turner wrote to DT to help her find Roberto Pimentel, a Dominican man she met while living in the facilities of the United Fruit Company in Montecristi in the 1950s, when Manzanillo was called Puerto Libertador.

We wrote back asking her to send more information and pictures to help her in her search.

She answered with several letters written between them and pictures of her then and now.

DT asks any one with even the slightest bit of information to contact us through the number and mail below and help Marjorie and Roberto see each other again.

The first letter from Marjorie Turner:

Dear Sir, Please help me in my search for my friend Roberto Pimentel. We were very good friends when I was living in Puerto Libertador, Dominican Republic courtesy of the United Fruit Company (1950).

We are both in our seventies now and I know that time is growing short and I feel that some laughs and remembering times would bring peace to my heart and my life would shine. “WHEN WILL WE MEET AGAIN, SUNDAY, MONDAY OR ALWAYS” R.P.

Thank You.

Any leads please write to: jorge.pineda@dominicantoday.com, or call 809-412-2830

www.dominicantoday.com

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I wish her well, but I couldn't help thinking it was an early version of "Does anyone know...."

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I knew Roberto Back in 1962, but I have absolutely no idea where he might be now.
He was a supervisor for the Granada Company, and often took loads of the kids to Punta Rucia.
I am going to ask one of the Lectonen women who also knew people from that era.

HB

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
I knew Roberto Back in 1962, but I have absolutely no idea where he might be now.
He was a supervisor for the Granada Company, and often took loads of the kids to Punta Rucia.
I am going to ask one of the Lectonen women who also knew people from that era.

HB

Thanks hb,

It looks like this is very important to Marj. It looks like finding him is on her bucket list.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Pimentel family is original from Las Matas de Santa Cruz.

JJ