Travel Requirements to Spain

AimHigh

Jan 22, 2009
San Antonio, Texas, United States
What are the travel requirements for a Dominican citizen who is a permanent resident of the United States (with a "green card") going to spain for 2 weeks. This person is planning to fly to spain straight from the US

AimHigh

Jan 22, 2009
San Antonio, Texas, United States
The visa was for my mother. I went to the Spanish consulate website and follow the directions to get the visa. I noticed that some of the requirements are ridiculous like having a plane reservation but they tell you not to purchase the ticket. Once she gathered all her papers, she went to her appointment at their consulate in Miami and about 10 days later she got her passport in the mail with the Schengen Visa. We went to Spain and while there we even flew to Paris to visit for two days. In my opinion, I think they should losen some of the requirements for permanent residents of the U.S. it would be a lot less hassle and cheaper.

Feb 7, 2007
In my opinion, I think they should losen some of the requirements for permanent residents of the U.S. it would be a lot less hassle and cheaper.

You are right, I think the USA should loosen the U.S. entry VISA requirements for legal residents in the European Union, in countries like the UK, Germany, France etc., especially those of Indian, Turkish and Algerian and Libyan origin. And while we are at it, we can throw in some of those of Albanian, Ukrainian and Chechen origin. They are all legal residents of the E.U., who cares they are heads of underworld. Both you and I believe USA should give them the right of free and completely unrestricted passage ... and the Europe should give the right of free and unrestricted passage as well to anybody including various strange elements who are living in the USA, because of course they are legal residents. Who cares whether they are terrorists, triads, or Colombian drug lords. They have legal residency so they should be allowed to enter no questions asked. Right!

Last edited: