Aussie living in Punta Cana

Feb 7, 2007
There are some Kiwis ...where did I see them... aaah... on the shelf of Iberia supermarket in Higuey :) JK.

Welcome to DR1 and to the Dominican REPUBLIC!, and the East Zone.

You will find lots of resources here on DR1, your starting point should be living section, general questions and East travel section. You can use search button in the blue top navigation menu to search 3 server racks worth of data of DR1 archives. Most of the questions you may have already have answers to be found somewhere around...

You will find most people here be friendly and helpful, with the occasional weirdo! If your search does not come up with results, don't be afraid to ask questions, always direct them to the appropriate forum. Don't get into fights, verbal abuse, etc. Religious and political arguments and name calling are not tolerated here, otherwise you can state your opinion and even be part of heated debate as long as certain rules are followed.

You can use PM (private Message) function of the board if you want PMing an individual member. Click the "V" icon next to the person's username, and select "Send Private Message". You can check your own PM by clicking "Your Notifications" next to the top blue navigation bar.

If you find out that some answer/information has been helpful to you, you can reward the poster by giving him/her the reputation points, by clicking the "V X" icon next to the post number in the post's blue header (upper right hand corner of each individual post).

So enjoy it around here, and don't spend all the time on the beach, it will get boring :) hehe... after some time you will find out you spend more time on DR1 than on the beach.

Again, Welcome to the Dominican Republic and to DR1.

Whippet

Jan 26, 2011
Thanks! you seem like a very expereinced blogger

There are some Kiwis ...where did I see them... aaah... on the shelf of Iberia supermarket in Higuey :) JK.

Welcome to DR1 and to the Dominican REPUBLIC!, and the East Zone.

You will find lots of resources here on DR1, your starting point should be living section, general questions and East travel section. You can use search button in the blue top navigation menu to search 3 server racks worth of data of DR1 archives. Most of the questions you may have already have answers to be found somewhere around...

You will find most people here be friendly and helpful, with the occasional weirdo! If your search does not come up with results, don't be afraid to ask questions, always direct them to the appropriate forum. Don't get into fights, verbal abuse, etc. Religious and political arguments and name calling are not tolerated here, otherwise you can state your opinion and even be part of heated debate as long as certain rules are followed.

You can use PM (private Message) function of the board if you want PMing an individual member. Click the "V" icon next to the person's username, and select "Send Private Message". You can check your own PM by clicking "Your Notifications" next to the top blue navigation bar.

If you find out that some answer/information has been helpful to you, you can reward the poster by giving him/her the reputation points, by clicking the "V X" icon next to the post number in the post's blue header (upper right hand corner of each individual post).

So enjoy it around here, and don't spend all the time on the beach, it will get boring :) hehe... after some time you will find out you spend more time on DR1 than on the beach.

Again, Welcome to the Dominican Republic and to DR1.

Thanks Again!

Zap28

Feb 24, 2011
I want to come live there... I'm stuck here til I figure out how, when, how much I'll need to move etc. I'm at a place in my life where I want change, drastic change. I want to experience living & after a vacation to Punta Cana I want to do it there. Even if temporarily. I don't know if/when I'll make it but it's in me to do it, so it'll happen some day, somehow. I'm interested in any information you can share on YOUR adventure, how you got there, decided on Punta Cana etc. This is exciting!!! This place is awesome. :)

Reactions: waytogo